Tacx Genius smart setup

Get answers to question about the software.
cossie0

Tacx Genius smart setup

Post by cossie0 »

Hi I have been using Veloreality for a few months now with a Tacx Genius smart and have had many good training hours.

I however have an issue on the setup

When I do a Ant+ search it picks up all of my devices including the Genius.
However when I do a calibration and it says 'Start Pedaling' I then pedal and it says ' Stop Pedaling' the trainer carries on turning and the only way to stop it is to switch it off. Is that supposed to happen or is the trainer supposed to stop turning. It has done this from first purchase and I have normally been able to get it working okay with a bit of messing around.

I am now at point where there messing around multiple computer boots calibrations, shutting the program down and switching the trainer on and off does not seem to work anymore. The videos work but there is very little resistance unless I am going up a mountain. On the flat it just seems to spin out yet even in top gear and there is no point in continuing.

Any advice would be welcome
thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Tacx Genius smart setup

Post by admin »

Try calibrating trainer with it's native software (TTS, iPnone app or whatever else it came with). Trainer keeps calibration values inside. You can then test it with Veloreality and see what happenes. Also before you do anything make sure that your trainer is unpaired from BTLE devices if it was ever paired to those
VeloReality Forum Administrator
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You might want to read this thread: https://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=287 I think your problem is the same. Fix is posted
cossie0

Post by cossie0 »

It now seems to be working after your software update.
I downloaded the software again but can you confirm if the software updates itself whenever you issue a revision.

It still took a bit of messing around for some reason power cycling of the trainer, Shutting the program down etc as I was getting no movement at all on the screen even though the heartrate and Cadence was all reading okay. I was just about to give up completely when it worked and I am not sure why.

Anyway thanks for your very quick response.

i was looking at buying some more videos I have the mountain ones (which I get fed up off miles of uphill) and the Corsica / Mallorca which are more like what I want.
Can you recommend any rolling type stunning scenery rather than miles of farmers fields.

thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cossie0: I downloaded the software again but can you confirm if the software updates itself whenever you issue a revision.

Yes it does. Every time you start the software it checks if it needs updating and if it does then the updates are automatically downloaded. You will see this type of activity by flashing led in the top right corner of the software. Some updates will be installed automatically upon being downloaded and some (including updating the program itself) will require your explicit permission - clicking "install updates" button if it shows up.

cossie0: It still took a bit of messing around for some reason power cycling of the trainer, Shutting the program down etc as I was getting no movement at all on the screen even though the heartrate and Cadence was all reading okay. I was just about to give up completely when it worked and I am not sure why.

Heartrate and cadence are for you to look at and also go into your TCX files. However the motion only happens when the power signal comes (at least with FE-C trainers).

cossie0: i was looking at buying some more videos I have the mountain ones (which I get fed up off miles of uphill) and the Corsica / Mallorca which are more like what I want. Can you recommend any rolling type stunning scenery rather than miles of farmers fields.

So you can shoot me later ? :wink: I personally like Wild Atlantic Coast (SKU 0051-0059), Grand Tour Majorca (SKU 0034-0039), Gaspe, Arches Grand Tour (SKU 0137-0139), Porto de Tudons (SKU-0075) , Denia Montgo (SKU-0076). All have some screenshots and road profiles on website so you can judge for yourself.
cossie0

Post by cossie0 »

Thanks for that I will take a look at the Videos you suggest.

Have you thought about making any in the UK such as the dragon ride route or the Fred Whitton route. It would be nice to ride on the correct side of the road for a change :D
DRBA22

Post by DRBA22 »

I agree with Admin with regard to Atlantic Coast and since the Irish tend to drive on the correct side of the road, that should make you feel at home. :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DRBA22 wrote:I agree with Admin with regard to Atlantic Coast and since the Irish tend to drive on the correct side of the road, that should make you feel at home. :)
I would say they do not have "side" at all since the roads are so narrow