no power/speed with vride

Get answers to question about the software.
gordy

no power/speed with vride

Post by gordy »

Hi,
I did use vride previously and it works perfectly till today... after i get the licence for the stelvio ride and "maybe" upgrade the software it stop working, I mean vride connect with the trainer( elite real turbo muin B+)but it show way less power and speed than what actually I produce, with the result that the rides don't start because of the really slow speed....

I know is something about the vride software because I can use the real software and it works perfectly... similar effort real software show 100w while vride 5w....

Any idea what can be?

thanks, Enrico.
DRBA22

Re: no power/speed with vride

Post by DRBA22 »

I'm in a similar position following the V_Ride update.
Speed and power are about 75% of what I think they should be.
I have emailed a request for help, but I'm glad it's not just me.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You are in a different position and different trainer. More then that Gordy just tried older version (i sent it to him) with the same results. So it is not the software. We will do remote connection and I will fix his situation in place and then report.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
mvanrijswick

Post by mvanrijswick »

Well this is coincidental.

It seems as though I am having the same issue. I had a great workout this morning and decided to purchase the Stelvio license and perform the latest update. I just tried to do another session this afternoon and the trainer (Elite real turbo muin B+) is no longer responding. When I start the application everything seems fine, all ANT+ devices seem connected including FE-C. In video mode my heart rate and cadence are shown, but the video doesn't start and the power shows 0 watts. In workout mode it also doesn't work. Reconnecting the ANT+ devices has no effect. Rebooting the trainer, the application and the PC also doesn't seem to fix the issue.

I know the trainer works, since the Elite Real software works fine.

Any insights?
Thx
Mark (the Netherlands)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think I've found possible reason of such behavior. Please stand by. The fix will be announced shortly. I am testing it on on iVortex. For Elite I can either do it tomorrow morning (GMT-5) with Gordy or if someone has Skype we can do it hopefully in a next 30 minute (someone willing to test has to contact me as ecplained in http://veloreality.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4 ). Btw with Elite it has nothing to do with new/old version. Old version of VRide behaves exactly the same (checked with gordy going back few versions). It is related to trainer's interpretation of some values. Not sure if it is my bug or theirs. Anyways trying to fix it now.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok I posted the fix anyways as it was definitely affecting iVortex Smart and possible other smart traioners from Tacx. so please check
gordy

Post by gordy »

Just finish ride the stelvio and with last release .64 it works perfectly!
Huge thanks to the admin for job done fast (1 day!) and well done.

Definitely happy to spend my money on this company! Excellent quality customer service.

THANKS
mvanrijswick

Post by mvanrijswick »

For me also! Thank you very much for the fix!

Mark
DRBA22

Post by DRBA22 »

All OK for me following the latest update. This evening's ride - Gascony 1 was pretty much "business as usual". Very thankful and very much relieved that it was fixed so promptly.