Newbie with a couple of Requests

Get answers to question about the software.
DRBA22

Newbie with a couple of Requests

Post by DRBA22 »

Hello,
I have been using VeloReality for about a month now and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience. I previously used Tacx RLVs, but since they have messed up TTS4 I will not be purchasing any more of their videos.
I really like the smoothness of the VeloReality rides of which I have downloaded 7 up to now.
I have a couple of minor requests:-
1) Would it be possible to have a mirror download site in or near the UK as the download time for the rides is over a couple of hours? I can assure you that the speed problem is not at my end as even here in rural Somerset our broadband is in the region of 40Mb/s.
2) Would it be possible to have a tabular display of the data of a completed ride, similar to the Tacx "Analyser"? At present, I have to copy the tcx file onto a USB stick and tinker with on-line sites such as Garmin Connect to get some of the data. (The USB stick is used because I keep the data on a different PC to the one I use for the trainer).
Other than I am happy so far with VeloReality and would thoroughly recommend it to others.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie with a couple of Requests

Post by admin »

Oldie with the couple of answers ;)

I have been using VeloReality for about a month now and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience. I previously used Tacx RLVs, but since they have messed up TTS4 I will not be purchasing any more of their videos.

Ouch !!!

1) Would it be possible to have a mirror download site in or near the UK as the download time for the rides is over a couple of hours? I can assure you that the speed problem is not at my end as even here in rural Somerset our broadband is in the region of 40Mb/s.

It is not a matter of a "mirror site in or near UK" we have UK customers with no complaints and great download speeds and then we have customers from US (where the server is) with the problems. All of course claiming great bandwidth with their respective broadband providers. I suspect it is a problem related more to how the traffic is routed by great being up above or Amazon having some crappy server. We are currently in a process of testing a new provider.

Would you be willing to test download speeds from new place? If yes shoot me email to kostya@veloreality.com

Would it be possible to have a tabular display of the data of a completed ride, similar to the Tacx "Analyser"? At present, I have to copy the tcx file onto a USB stick and tinker with on-line sites such as Garmin Connect to get some of the data. (The USB stick is used because I keep the data on a different PC to the one I use for the trainer).

So your trainer computer is not connected to the Internet? You might be missing some nice features soon then ;) As for your question we are thinking about having our own analyzer however to tell the truths it is not high on our priority list comparatively to other features. Reason is that there are so many services (both online and offline) that do the job just fine and are free to use. So it might take a while for your wish to com true. For now I would recommend installing excellent Golden Cheetah software on the same computer as Veloreality. Golden Cheetah is absolutely free, can import TCX and has amazing analyzer with all kinds of data and graphs one can imagine. You can get it from http://www.goldencheetah.org/ .

Other than I am happy so far with VeloReality and would thoroughly recommend it to others.

Thank you for approving the results of our hard work,
VeloReality Forum Administrator
DRBA22

Post by DRBA22 »

Thanks for the reply.
Happy to test download speeds so I will email you.
My trainer PC is connected to the internet, but it is situated in the garage along with trainer which is permanently setup. My computer in the study is where I keep my training spreadsheet, hence the USB stick transfer. I could of course transfer the file over the home network.
I think I may have misled you over data download as the Golden Cheetah program Iooks a little more comprehensive than I really need. I'm not sure I fully understand all of the parameters.
I will stick to "Plan A".
Kiko

Post by Kiko »

DRBA22 wrote:Thanks for the reply.
My trainer PC is connected to the internet, but it is situated in the garage along with trainer which is permanently setup. My computer in the study is where I keep my training spreadsheet, hence the USB stick transfer. I could of course transfer the file over the home network.
I think I may have misled you over data download as the Golden Cheetah program Iooks a little more comprehensive than I really need. I'm not sure I fully understand all of the parameters.
Not sure if it's relevant to your set up, but I too have a laptop for the trainer in the garage, and a main desktop PC indoors. After a ride, I upload the .tcx file on the laptop to google drive, then later I import to SportTracks on my PC.
MTB Greg

Post by MTB Greg »

Kiko wrote:
DRBA22 wrote:Thanks for the reply.
Not sure if it's relevant to your set up, but I too have a laptop for the trainer in the garage, and a main desktop PC indoors. After a ride, I upload the .tcx file on the laptop to google drive, then later I import to SportTracks on my PC.
Microsoft OneDrive also works very well ;)
DRBA22

Post by DRBA22 »

All good suggestions, thank you.
MapMyRide is free so for, so that might be the cheapest option.
Also, I forgot that I have a 1TB hard drive plugged in to the Home Hub which I use for iTunes/Sonos. This could be useful for holding ride data and accessible from all devices.
Thanks again for the comments.