Suunto Mini Move ANT+ USB Stick

Get answers to question about the software.
MTB Greg

Suunto Mini Move ANT+ USB Stick

Post by MTB Greg »

Tried out VeloReality the other day, everything went well except trying to pair my HRM, Cadence and Speed sensors. VeloReality only displays the Suunto USB stick for all the devices and doesn't let me select the actual devices themselves. Can post a screen shot later if needed.
Is there a way to fix this?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Suunto Mini Move ANT+ USB Stick

Post by admin »

Correct steps to pair all your ANT+ devices are explained in details in section: 4.5 ANT+™ Devices of manual.

You can download Manual clicking "Download manual" button on our general software download page software page at http://veloreality.com/products/trainer-software/.

If you accurately followed all the steps and it still fails to pair and the sensors are not too far away from the stick then contact me for live help as explained in http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=94
VeloReality Forum Administrator
MTB Greg

Post by MTB Greg »

Figured it out, for some reason if I turn the PC on, open VR, search for devices - it sees the Suunto stick but won't see the devices. If I unplug the Suunto USB stick and plug it back in it works!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

MTB Greg wrote:Figured it out, for some reason if I turn the PC on, open VR, search for devices - it sees the Suunto stick but won't see the devices. If I unplug the Suunto USB stick and plug it back in it works!!
ANT stick has it own little brain (micro controller) which sometimes can go crazy and needs hard reboot.Unplug/plug back does just that. I've had this happen before. Also accordingly to our stats Suunto in general is responsible for nearly all complaints ever for ANT connectivity when it is not related to signal drops due to distance/RF interference.
MTB Greg

Post by MTB Greg »

That's interesting! Well, so far the Suunto Mini has been great apart from needing to be unplugged and plugged in again. I've moved from Tacx to a Kickr Snap, was going to get a Tacx ANT antenna as that was always reliable with the Tacx turbo trainer, however the price was a lot more compared to the Suunto.
HHRoadtrip

Post by HHRoadtrip »

FWIW, I have been using a Suunto Mini USB stick for three months with no trouble. Plugged directly into laptop, no need for USB extension cord. I hate to jinx myself, but no trouble with signal drop-out, works well with Garmin HRM and cadence sensor.
MTB Greg

Post by MTB Greg »

HHRoadtrip wrote:FWIW, I have been using a Suunto Mini USB stick for three months with no trouble. Plugged directly into laptop, no need for USB extension cord. I hate to jinx myself, but no trouble with signal drop-out, works well with Garmin HRM and cadence sensor.
If I get on the turbo later I'll try it without the extension lead and see how it goes. Had a couple of drop outs last night, just split second and then on screen power gauge needle popped back up, HRM and cadence looked ok though.
I did find last night that when I stopped a little way in to a ride, and came back to it after a couple of minutes, that I had to unplug replug the extension cable as VReality stopped picking up the devices. As said I'll try next tiem without the USB extension lead.

Otherwise all good so far.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

MTB Greg wrote:
HHRoadtrip wrote:FWIW, I have been using a Suunto Mini USB stick for three months with no trouble. Plugged directly into laptop, no need for USB extension cord. I hate to jinx myself, but no trouble with signal drop-out, works well with Garmin HRM and cadence sensor.
If I get on the turbo later I'll try it without the extension lead and see how it goes. Had a couple of drop outs last night, just split second and then on screen power gauge needle popped back up, HRM and cadence looked ok though.
I did find last night that when I stopped a little way in to a ride, and came back to it after a couple of minutes, that I had to unplug replug the extension cable as VReality stopped picking up the devices. As said I'll try next tiem without the USB extension lead.

Otherwise all good so far.
You might want to disable power management on USB ports and it might help. Removing extension cable is not something I would recommend but if it works without it then go for it