Video List Display Sorting

Get answers to question about the software.
rncrowhurst

Video List Display Sorting

Post by rncrowhurst »

I would like to ask if it would be possible to add the capability to sort videos displayed on the Video Tab in VRide using criteria other than name order. Each displayed video has some interesting metadata associated with it that includes distance, altitude gain, distance uphill, average gradient, ride type and score. However, the manual does not mention (unless I missed it) any feature that always changing of the default sort order for the video listing (for example sort by decreasing score). Additionally the filtering available does not seem to currently tap into the video metadata at all so something like "Alt.Gain > 900m" is not possible at present nor is "Score > 60". Filtering seems only available on file name at present.

It would be very convenient to be able to sort by Score or Distance or Altitude Gain or Type or a combination of these and to be able to reverse order such a sort as well. Scrolling the videos works well with name order when you only have a few but ideally people will buy 100's ultimately. As more videos are released ordering on distance or score etc might make it easier for a user to order their videos. It would also be really convenient to be able to filter on the video metadata.

So just wondering if this suggestion or something akin to it is possible to add in a future software release?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Video List Display Sorting

Post by admin »

Will add it to a list of features to be implemented. Not as first priority though
VeloReality Forum Administrator
VeloReality Video

Re: Video List Display Sorting

Post by VeloReality Video »

rncrowhurst wrote:I would like to ask if it would be possible to add the capability to sort videos displayed on the Video Tab in VRide using criteria other than name order. Each displayed video has some interesting metadata associated with it that includes distance, altitude gain, distance uphill, average gradient, ride type and score. However, the manual does not mention (unless I missed it) any feature that always changing of the default sort order for the video listing (for example sort by decreasing score). Additionally the filtering available does not seem to currently tap into the video metadata at all so something like "Alt.Gain > 900m" is not possible at present nor is "Score > 60". Filtering seems only available on file name at present.

It would be very convenient to be able to sort by Score or Distance or Altitude Gain or Type or a combination of these and to be able to reverse order such a sort as well. Scrolling the videos works well with name order when you only have a few but ideally people will buy 100's ultimately. As more videos are released ordering on distance or score etc might make it easier for a user to order their videos. It would also be really convenient to be able to filter on the video metadata.

So just wondering if this suggestion or something akin to it is possible to add in a future software release?
I know this is not meta data based sorting but if you have loads of rides in the list there is at the top a lightning fast search tool...for example simply type 'Ven' & before you can type the 'n' you will already see all the 4 routes of the Ventoux for example...if you have them all, plus any Grand tour that includes these routes. This is the fastest way to find a ride as long as you can remember the name or even just part of the name.