Square brackets

Get answers to question about the software.
Kiko

Re: Square brackets

Post by Kiko »

I don't suppose it matters really, but I would like to understand this better.

With grade reduction set 0-20%, the real grade versus feels like is green on flattish sections, but when I start a climb of say 8% it goes yellow and show feels like as 1-2% less than real grade.
Is this basically because I'm not riding hard enough? I tried a few maximum efforts but it was still yellow with a differencr between real and feels like grades.

Also my previous post seems to have vanished from here, and the reply I got shows as coming from myself?!? :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kiko wrote:I don't suppose it matters really, but I would like to understand this better.

With grade reduction set 0-20%, the real grade versus feels like is green on flattish sections, but when I start a climb of say 8% it goes yellow and show feels like as 1-2% less than real grade.
Is this basically because I'm not riding hard enough? I tried a few maximum efforts but it was still yellow with a differencr between real and feels like grades.

Also my previous post seems to have vanished from here, and the reply I got shows as coming from myself?!? :lol:
The numbers turn yellow when actual road grade and grade calculated from grade reduction settings are different. If yours is set to 0-20% (slider moved all way to the right) you should not see yellow. And I just checked it now to make sure.

In any case there is a recipe how contact me using Skype for live support: http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &t=94#p296 . I can explain things and help you if needed much faster then by way of this message exchange.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Kiko

Post by Kiko »

admin wrote:
Kiko wrote:I don't suppose it matters really, but I would like to understand this better.

The numbers turn yellow when actual road grade and grade calculated from grade reduction settings are different. If yours is set to 0-20% (slider moved all way to the right) you should not see yellow. And I just checked it now to make sure.

In any case there is a recipe how contact me using Skype for live support: http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &t=94#p296 . I can explain things and help you if needed much faster then by way of this message exchange.
Many thanks for your offer of enhanced support. I'm pleased to say the issue appears to have resolved!

With grade reduction set to 0-20% I did the Col de Rates, max grade 8.5% and was pleased to see the 'actual' v 'feels like' grade stayed green. I checked the final climb of the Vercors video where the initial problem had occurred, and found that 'actual' and 'feels like' were again matched and in green. Obviously, as I have retained max descent gradient setting as 1%, it goes yellow on the downhills.

Previously I wasn't getting anything much over 6%, so am now getting some more intense training in. Bear in mind I have very low gearing, designed for my local short 18%+ hills as well as riding in the alps, pyrenees etc.

Thanks again!