latest update

Get answers to question about the software.
gordo

latest update

Post by gordo »

I just rode the Ventoux part II for the first time. I rode the demo video yesterday and everything seemed to function as it should. Today when I rode the Ventoux video the parts where the grade was descending with a slope of greater than -4% seemed a bit weird. I should have been able to spin out my 50 X 12 gear at about 50km/hr but I was able to pedal in 50 X 14 at 180 watts and a cadence of 95 and I was doing upwards of of 65 km/hr when it was at -8. If I stopped pedalling my speed would reduce to about 40 km/hr.

Gordo
admin
Site Admin

Re: latest update

Post by admin »

Handled by phone conversation
VeloReality Forum Administrator
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

For others reading this post with the same question the max speed you can achieve on a descent is limited to what you could achieve on a -3% grade (or less). This helps you to keep pedaling & not run out of gears...or very long descents you would be effectively just sitting doing nothing.
gordo

Post by gordo »

VeloReality Video wrote:For others reading this post with the same question the max speed you can achieve on a descent is limited to what you could achieve on a -3% grade (or less). This helps you to keep pedaling & not run out of gears...or very long descents you would be effectively just sitting doing nothing.
I checked the grade reduction setting. It was at -1 as a default so I moved it to -3% and it is much better now with the Neo.

Gordo