File name

Get answers to question about the software.
KeithD

File name

Post by KeithD »

I always include Veloreality in the ride name when uploading to Strava. Zwift and Cycleops use their name automatically in the upload, It may help if Veloreality Video Training software, was added automatically to the upload. Easier for me but it would get other people who see this in Strava wondering what it was all about. It may bring in a few new users.
Much better than morning or evening ride.
admin
Site Admin

Re: File name

Post by admin »

We apply proper "Creator: Veloreality"tag inside our file and Strava uses it to know that it is virtual ride. I will have to ask Strava to add tag to ride name as you asked. See what they say as it has nothing to do with us.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok email sent. See what they say
KeithD

Post by KeithD »

Does Strava not take the name it uses from the file upload. In Zwift the file is a called Something like Zwift Richmond (date) that is what is shown in Strava. I can change the file name for example Zwift Richmond (date) Hard ride, and this is what Strava shows. Thought it may be good for advertising the software.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

KeithD wrote:Does Strava not take the name it uses from the file upload. In Zwift the file is a called Something like Zwift Richmond (date) that is what is shown in Strava. I can change the file name for example Zwift Richmond (date) Hard ride, and this is what Strava shows. Thought it may be good for advertising the software.
Send me file generated by Zwift then. I will take a look
aaslundg

Post by aaslundg »

I also see that zwift sometimes add a picture (snapshot) of your ride. That could also be an idea to be able to do this in veloreality (optional)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

aaslundg wrote:I also see that zwift sometimes add a picture (snapshot) of your ride. That could also be an idea to be able to do this in veloreality (optional)
I guess this is possible by using Strava API when software does the upload on your behalfe. this dunctionality is currently missing in our product. But what snapshot do you have in mind? Strava already shows ride on the map when uploading TCX file and profile as well. What else should be there?
gordo

Post by gordo »

I think the snap shot would be of one of the jpegs that you use on the web store showing what the ride looks like. If would give people a better idea of how fantastic the RLV is. For me taking my first ride on a full video last night it was one of the most immersive rides I have had on a trainer. Being a long term tacx user I could not believe the quality of the video and how smoothly it played compared to tacx. It truely is the best software available right now for smart trainers and RLVs. Now I have to try and sell all my tacx video's so that I can replace them with VeloReality videos :)

Gordo
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

gordo wrote:I think the snap shot would be of one of the jpegs that you use on the web store showing what the ride looks like. If would give people a better idea of how fantastic the RLV is. For me taking my first ride on a full video last night it was one of the most immersive rides I have had on a trainer. Being a long term tacx user I could not believe the quality of the video and how smoothly it played compared to tacx. It truely is the best software available right now for smart trainers and RLVs. Now I have to try and sell all my tacx video's so that I can replace them with VeloReality videos :)

Gordo
For strava to add the screenshots you need Instagram & a program to take screenshots..or just add any screenshots from the site, hit the key in strava & you should see a add photos link. I have a few friends that add pics of their indoor rides to their strava feed.

Which Tacx RLVs do have? Anything from the last 3 years should be about the same quality wise, the major difference is the player in vride is much better/smoother & never loses sync..you have about 100pixels extra virtical resolution in VRide also due to the Tacx HUD design..but the filming kit for the EU films is identical..
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

VeloReality Video wrote:...Which Tacx RLVs do have? Anything from the last 3 years should be about the same quality wise, the major difference is the player in vride is much better/smoother & never loses sync..you have about 100pixels extra virtical resolution in VRide also due to the Tacx HUD design..but the filming kit for the EU films is identical..
There are different techs one can apply when tranfering original video frame info to screen to make the final image and that can affect quality in quite noticeable way.