Get answers to question about the software.
Shane

Post by Shane »

As a near 10 year user of an old (but once set up, actually quite reliable) Tacx Green, I've just bought a Kickr.
Downloaded and installed veloreality software. Simple
Connected to my kickr and HRM - seamless with the Suunto stick
Rode the Paterberg loop - no problems and really showed the Kickr changing resistance on that climb.
Yesterday bought the Alpe d'Huez, downloaded and rode it - great to look at, almost distracted me from the suffering. Almost!
Uploaded the TCX to garmin - again easy.
All on an OK ish spec 2015 laptop.

What a lovely, lovely product, that works first time and reliably (ahh, I almost miss the days of the Tacx forum!)

PS: that purple square that followed me up the Alpe - I was 50:50 whether it was a person or a bot :D . He played a tactical game, I could pull away but he'd always catch up. But he made me finish - I could not let him win!
Then I read the forum and its just my position on the V-network! Ha. well, it worked once to get me up to the top.

Well done veloreality, what a great product and I hope we get more people out riding those courses. I hope to see more of you at the bottom of the Alpe!
Shane
VeloReality Video

Re: Feedback: Fantastic Software

Post by VeloReality Video »

Thats great shane, next time you ride the climb you will be up against your past effort & you should see this "older Shane" as a circle avatar in the road...I really recomend that you ride the previous 3 parts, its one of the most awesome cyclosportive routes in the world with the Glandon Telegraphe & Galibier all massive Tour de France icons....then finish with d'Huez where if you take a week & recover well you should be able to take on & completely humiliate the old shane ;) The Glandon & Galibier are much more scenic then d'Huez which is often the 1st col of every new customer.

PS if you get all 4 parts they will auto join to form a single unbroken 100mile loop (well almost a loop upto the dreaded right turn for d'Huez).. then you can do what ever distance you like & stop where you want, then simply start the following time in that same spot.
whiskywheels

Post by whiskywheels »

VeloReality Video wrote:Thats great shane, next time you ride the climb you will be up against your past effort & you should see this "older Shane" as a circle avatar in the road...
I've done a few rides now, but don't seem to have the "older whiskywheels" avatar in the road. Is there some setting I'm missing? My instruction manual refers to an avatar button, but there isn't one in my software.

+1 on shane's comments, this is brilliant software, and like shane I've had years of TTS4, along with an endless succession of bugs and problems...........often following a Tacx update! :shock:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

whiskywheels wrote:..I've done a few rides now, but don't seem to have the "older whiskywheels" avatar in the road. Is there some setting I'm missing? My instruction manual refers to an avatar button, but there isn't one in my software....
That button is not currently available. This is reflected in new version of the manual which is about to be uploaded. It is still a bit out of date/incomplete. Just can not keep up need to transfer this responsibility. As for your previous performances and real time display please read following topic: http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=198 .
VeloReality Forum Administrator
whiskywheels

Post by whiskywheels »

I've misunderstood the instructions, and the link you posted, which I'd previously read.

My previous performances will only be shown as forward or backward facing arrows, not as a white circle on the road?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

whiskywheels wrote:My previous performances will only be shown as forward or backward facing arrows, not as a white circle on the road?
Correct. I think that "circle area" better stay reserved for live competitors. However if there will be too much fuzz I may restore it. All it takes is un-commenting single line of code. ;)
rncrowhurst

Post by rncrowhurst »

admin wrote:Correct. I think that "circle area" better stay reserved for live competitors. However if there will be too much fuzz I may restore it. All it takes is un-commenting single line of code. ;)
I like the existing circle for live competitors but if you do consider uncommenting that code line at some point what about making it a user selectable option instead by adding a Settings option that allows the user to "show circle for self" or "show circle only for live competitors" (default) or words that mean something similar. Another option might be to color the circle in live competitions to encode something of interest about the rider (for example using the colors of the hud indicating watts relative to their set FTP value if present which would mean a rider's circle would be changing color from blue to green to yellow to orange to red etc as they increase/decease their power as a way to give other riders a indication of the rider's current effort. This is really just "candy" and maybe not worth the programming effort and there are likely easier ways to enhance feedback to riders in multi-rider routes.

Anyway VRide is great software and is improving at every update.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

rncrowhurst wrote:
admin wrote:Correct. I think that "circle area" better stay reserved for live competitors. However if there will be too much fuzz I may restore it. All it takes is un-commenting single line of code. ;)
I like the existing circle for live competitors but if you do consider uncommenting that code line at some point what about making it a user selectable option instead by adding a Settings option that allows the user to "show circle for self" or "show circle only for live competitors" (default) or words that mean something similar. Another option might be to color the circle in live competitions to encode something of interest about the rider (for example using the colors of the hud indicating watts relative to their set FTP value if present which would mean a rider's circle would be changing color from blue to green to yellow to orange to red etc as they increase/decease their power as a way to give other riders a indication of the rider's current effort. This is really just "candy" and maybe not worth the programming effort and there are likely easier ways to enhance feedback to riders in multi-rider routes.

Anyway VRide is great software and is improving at every update.
Live competitors currently represented by circles with flagpole and the name on top (also on profile/segment areas as well). Showing power/watt/weight/etc , not sure about it. If I was racing I do not want my competitors having any clue about the numbers ;) I might still do it anyways.
Mighty Malc

Post by Mighty Malc »

Correct. I think that "circle area" better stay reserved for live competitors. However if there will be too much fuzz I may restore it. All it takes is un-commenting single line of code
Some Fuzz...

I use my rides against past performances a lot, as a way to improve time trialling over a 10 mile or 25 mile segment.
The arrows are excellent for an absolute measure of gaining and losing when the gap is moderate. Except against myself, he better not get a moderate distance in front - hold his wheel!
The circles provide that bit of extra motivation when you can see the circle just in front of you and fight to overtake it or hang on like in real life. Great big visual feedback.
After overtaking, the absence from the screen / sudden reappearance of the circle means you know immediately that you are still doing better / slacking.

So my vote is to keep the circles for past performances (as well as for live performances).
Or to have it as user selectable like mcrowhurst suggested.

Please, pretty please :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mighty Malc wrote:...Please, pretty please :)...
Ok boss they're back but with a little twist (visibility suppressed if there are any real racers in front of you within 100 meters range ). Should not be too much of a conflict for now