Get answers to question about the software.
rncrowhurst

Re: Feedback: Fantastic Software

Post by rncrowhurst »

admin wrote:
Mighty Malc wrote:...Please, pretty please :)...
Ok boss they're back but with a little twist (visibility suppressed if there are any real racers in front of you within 100 meters range ). Should not be too much of a conflict for now
This illustrates another great feature of VRide and its developers - it only needs a quick discussion in these forums and they respond and roll out a new update with the changes or roll back a change. Excellent responsiveness and flexibility and open to discussion and suggestions :D
Mighty Malc

Re: Feedback: Fantastic Software

Post by Mighty Malc »

Thanks for the response and decision to (generally) keep circles for past performances - no live racers within 100m should be fine.

Rode this morning on Cap Corsica 1 against past performance over a couple of yellow 10 mile segments and three magenta overlapping 10 km segments and 5 overlapping KOM orange segments.
So a new past performance kicked in at 10 different times with a big circle to follow and chase down. Very motivating. The circles do definitely add something in bringing the competition alive.

Also, I had the 'local' display on the left top defaulting to the new view with 1 km in front and behind - first time I have seen this new change in operation.
I prefer this to the old 100 metre view as the ends of a segment are visible earlier and provide more motivation to hold on over that last km.
But the triangles are then 1/10 of the (old) distance apart and it is very hard to tell from the triangles alone if a close triangle you are racing is just in front of you or just behind you. However...
This is where the circles really come into their own; they clearly tell you who is in front and how the lead is changing. Excellent. Another reason why keeping the circles improves the experience in conjunction with the improved 1 km view.

Much appreciated. One happy customer here - I still have a buzz from this mornings ride and thrashing those circles :)