Public domain RLV support?

Get answers to question about the software.
KeithD

Re: Public domain RLV support?

Post by KeithD »

I would like to say that as a Tacx user I found the cost of the DVDs high. I think the Veloreality approach is far better. I do not need a huge data base of films in one go so there is no way I will buy a large collection in one go. I love the fact that I can buy short courses and Ride them. The first one I bought was OK Corsica flat route. I got it as it was described as the easiest course in the library. Well I disagree. Although Ventoux part 0 and part 2 have hills they are easier to ride. At about £7.00 I do not feel bad if I got a course that I did not use much. I may even buy all the Ventoux collection as I have ridden most of the roads it has used, I don't think I would climb the mountain course many times on a trainer.
I would sooner have it this way than paying for a subscription, to use the software.
Tacx have let me down far too often with the're software. I bought the Aube Valley course from them before we went on holiday to see what it was like. I ended up watching the video as it was not rideable on the trainer due to issues with TTS. I felt as if I had wasted my money.
It time to give someone else a chance.
I will look at Gascony and ride it before I go. Upload the ride to Strava, then download the route so I can ride the route for real when I go.
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

KeithD wrote:I would like to say that as a Tacx user I found the cost of the DVDs high. I think the Veloreality approach is far better. I do not need a huge data base of films in one go so there is no way I will buy a large collection in one go. I love the fact that I can buy short courses and Ride them. The first one I bought was OK Corsica flat route. I got it as it was described as the easiest course in the library. Well I disagree. Although Ventoux part 0 and part 2 have hills they are easier to ride. At about £7.00 I do not feel bad if I got a course that I did not use much. I may even buy all the Ventoux collection as I have ridden most of the roads it has used, I don't think I would climb the mountain course many times on a trainer.
I would sooner have it this way than paying for a subscription, to use the software.
Tacx have let me down far too often with the're software. I bought the Aube Valley course from them before we went on holiday to see what it was like. I ended up watching the video as it was not rideable on the trainer due to issues with TTS. I felt as if I had wasted my money.
It time to give someone else a chance.
I will look at Gascony and ride it before I go. Upload the ride to Strava, then download the route so I can ride the route for real when I go.
I forgot about Gascony, this whole tour is really easy, there is just one fairly steep hill in Part 1 as you break out of the Pyrenees foothills heading north, but once over this its very very easy roads...Passes my sister in laws water mill (where there is a small loop round the village of St Puy which is also the start of the tacx version that heads back to the Pyrenees & the Hautacam) some nice rolling hills round there also, the final part finishes up in a hill top fortified village..filmed in August so you have all the fields of sunflowers..lot of distance in each part also. The easiest ride is Lago d'Isio which is a pancake flat lake side road in Lombardy Italy. The 1st 3 parts of the Majorca Grand Tour are very easy rolling roads also.

https://veloreality.com/product/gascony ... ts-1-to-4/ 204km
https://veloreality.com/product/lago-di ... rdy-italy/ flatest ride in the collection
https://veloreality.com/product/the-rom ... ad-de-new/ also a really easy ride
pajak

Post by pajak »

I would like ask about non-Tacx videos.

There are tons of free RLVs, some are very interesting for me (eg. they are made in Poland)
Even.. I have created my own videos (video synchronized with gpx) from my favourite routes. I'm used to ride them (quite often).
Is there any chance to "import" these?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

pajak wrote:I would like ask about non-Tacx videos.

There are tons of free RLVs, some are very interesting for me (eg. they are made in Poland)
Even.. I have created my own videos (video synchronized with gpx) from my favourite routes. I'm used to ride them (quite often).
Is there any chance to "import" these?
High quality RLV is our source of income (well we sell trainers as well but that's a different department) since the software is free. How do you think can we earn income if we let users import somebody else's RLV?
VeloReality Forum Administrator