Understanding goings on at the ride Profile

Get answers to question about the software.
rkoch615

Understanding goings on at the ride Profile

Post by rkoch615 »

Haven't figured out what's going on in the upper portion of the ride video, just below the profile. I was doing a ride recently and noticed a couple of circles on the videos in front of me, which I assumed were other riders doing the same ride I was doing at the same time I was doing it. There were also orange and blue arrows just below profile of the ride at the top of the screen which kept changing facing forward and backward. Looked to me like they were indicating whether I was going faster or slower than the rider(s). Was I riding with someone else or riding against my previous performances on this course? I have figured out that the orange bar under the profile (or was it blue) indicates Strava profiles. :?: Is there an explanation of the profile stuff somewhere?
VeloReality Video

Re: Understanding goings on at the ride Profile

Post by VeloReality Video »

If its just a circle with no name then this is your previous performance.....if you see a name above the circle then its a real person. You already have figured out that the flag direction informs you if they are riding away from you or if you are closing etc.

For the bars under the profile, the top one is normally a Strava segment for a known hill or mountain. all the one's under this are generic distance based ones that you will be able to remove eventually if you dont use them.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Understanding goings on at the ride Profile

Post by admin »

There is somewhat more formal explanation in here: http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=198
VeloReality Forum Administrator