Feedback on my experience

Get answers to question about the software.
DickHeijkoop

Re: Feedback on my experience

Post by DickHeijkoop »

At my side the new ride bar pops up only a very limited number of times - when the drop is longer then a few seconds. Most of the times, the screen just freezes a bit and then continues (sometimes with a drop in power value, sometimes not). BTW - I have turned my Garmin 800 on also receiving the ANT+ info broadcasted by the KICKR and at the same time I see a freeze in the software I also see a drop in power registered by the Garmin. That looks to me as the problem is caused by the KICKR although theoretically this could have been caused by the application not complying to the rules, e.g. flooding. The thing is that I never had an issue with TrainerRoad under OSX which I have used many times. Just thinking loud.

Application crash.
Yesterday I was doing the Alpe d'Huez again and at some stage halfway the application crashed. Did nothing wrong, just cycling :)
See attachments (apologies for the Dutch in Windows) = let me know if you need more info, although cant tell much more about it.
Attachments
Crash-vr2.jpg
Crash-vr2.jpg (251.8 KiB) Viewed 15921 times
Crash-vr1.jpg
Crash-vr1.jpg (123.89 KiB) Viewed 15921 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DickHeijkoop wrote:That looks to me as the problem is caused by the KICKR although theoretically this could have been caused by the application not complying to the rules, e.g. flooding...
No flooding. We send commands to KICKR once every 2 seconds as recommended by KICKR tech stuff.
DickHeijkoop wrote:Yesterday I was doing the Alpe d'Huez again and at some stage halfway the application crashed. Did nothing wrong, just cycling :) See attachments (apologies for the Dutch in Windows) = let me know if you need more info, although cant tell much more about it.
Send email to kostya@veloreality.com to get tech support.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

simon wrote:

yes exactly, new ride bar pops...
not sure I understand what you mean with the foot or frame flex though ?
I mean its possible to hit the cadence sensor with your foot during a ride & then not have a very good cadence signal. With Frame flex I mean that when pushing hard the distance between the magnet & sensor can increase enough due to the frame & components flexing that you could have a poorer signal. These are long shots but worth at least knowing & counting out. It sounds like it could be a Kickr issue, I read a few posts about it losing the Ant+ signal with other software.
simon

Post by simon »

VeloReality Video wrote:
simon wrote:

yes exactly, new ride bar pops...
not sure I understand what you mean with the foot or frame flex though ?
I mean its possible to hit the cadence sensor with your foot during a ride & then not have a very good cadence signal. With Frame flex I mean that when pushing hard the distance between the magnet & sensor can increase enough due to the frame & components flexing that you could have a poorer signal. These are long shots but worth at least knowing & counting out. It sounds like it could be a Kickr issue, I read a few posts about it losing the Ant+ signal with other software.
ah ok !
but I don't have a cadence sensor, just the bare kickr ;)
DickHeijkoop

Post by DickHeijkoop »

Hi - earlier this week I did a quick ride (40 minutes) and today I did Alpe d'Huez (total ride about 1 hour and 20 minutes).
NOT A SINGLE DROP in the ANT+ communication - Yes! :D
Changes:
- did NOT use the Garmin800 head unit like I did before. There is an issue with the Garmin unit and the KICKR using it simultaneously with the application. It is supposed to be solved in next KICKR firmware release
- Using another ANT+ dongle. (http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/3947399)
Thank you Kostya for your great support - and for your great program.
Cheers
Dick
VeloReality Video

Have you tried doing a multi part ride yet? ;)

The features on the way next are really going to take this whole experience to the next level...
VeloReality Video

progress has been made on the next feature which will be something new to the world of indoor training....performance data for Segments & the ability to race them as part of a longer endurance ride! So far we have gone through all the rides to highlight climbs, hills, general tempo rides, time trials & even short sprints. The idea is each video or ride becomes just like a real life training ride where we go hard & race the hills but the longer descents are there for spinning, resting taking a drink & recovering (if you want to). As you ride through the terrain you will generate performance data on each hill for example. When you ride this terrain again your performance on those hills will be waiting to dish it out on you. Following this will be the ability share your efforts!