Windows 10

Get answers to question about the software.
Ruedan

Windows 10

Post by Ruedan »

Hi,

I am thinking about upgrading my system to Windows 10. Will the software run on Windows 10 or are there any known problems?

Best regards
Ruediger
rgurney

Re: Windows 10

Post by rgurney »

I run the Veloreality software with Windows 10 and it works great.
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

rgurney wrote:I run the Veloreality software with Windows 10 and it works great.
Cheers thats great to know Ive not taken the plunge yet
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ruedan wrote:Hi,

I am thinking about upgrading my system to Windows 10. Will the software run on Windows 10 or are there any known problems?

Best regards
Ruediger
As soon as it got released I did upgrade one of my computers to Windows 10 and it runs Veloreality just fine.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
bobterwig

Post by bobterwig »

Hi
Does it still seem that Windows 10 is okay for Veloreality? Want to make sure there haven't been any glitches before I upgrade.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bobterwig wrote:Hi
Does it still seem that Windows 10 is okay for Veloreality? Want to make sure there haven't been any glitches before I upgrade.
Thanks
We have many customers running Veloreality on Windows 10 just fine and I think those are already in majority. I personally run software on Windows 10. Also if you select "upgrade" option instead of clean install then for the next 30 days windows gives you the option to go back: http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to- ... -7-or-8.1/.

Not sure you can go back to Windows 8.0 or Vista. Do some search on it.

Having said that if you have system that works just fine why bother to upgrade unless you really need new features it offers.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
bobterwig

Post by bobterwig »

Thanks.
I actually only use that computer for veloreality. I'd like to upgrade to Windows 10 while it is still free since I assume it will be mandatory in the future and I don't want to pay Microsoft for it! I'll give it a try.
Great software by the way. I have done the rides in Moab many times and it is like being back there again! The La Sal Mountain loop ride is another great ride out there as well.
MTB Greg

Post by MTB Greg »

bobterwig wrote:Thanks.
I actually only use that computer for veloreality. I'd like to upgrade to Windows 10 while it is still free since I assume it will be mandatory in the future and I don't want to pay Microsoft for it! I'll give it a try.
Great software by the way. I have done the rides in Moab many times and it is like being back there again! The La Sal Mountain loop ride is another great ride out there as well.
Same here, I have a machine just for trainer software, VeloReality works perfectly with Win10.
rkoch615

Post by rkoch615 »

I love the Velo Reality videos! I currently have windows 7 and am very happy with it but, I also use Erg Video and Sufferfest (although not as much) and of course from time to time my computrainer workouts. Do any of you, who have gone to Windows 10, have experience with these other videos? Any problems? I know that early on computrainer was having some minor problems with Windows 10. Although I have no reason to go over to Windows 10, I know as was mentioned that sooner or later Microsoft will stop supporting 7 and will charge for 10.
MTB Greg

Post by MTB Greg »

I use Trainerroad for Sufferfest and there are no issues.