Licence Registration Limit

Get answers to question about the software.
Mighty Malc

Licence Registration Limit

Post by Mighty Malc »

I am very much enjoying the Velo Reality videos, and have 20 of them now which I loved to ride on my computrainer.

I have just bought another 4 videos (Ventoux 1 etc) and dropped them in my video folder and started the v-ride software.
On doing a Get Licence for the new videos, the licence report window says they licence OK but most of my other 16 videos get relicensed with the error message 'Registration Limit Reached' and are now tagged as Get Licence needed.
None of the 20 videos can be ridden.
The v-ride application locks up.
If I kill the v-ride software and start again (even after rebooting) most of the rides are still tagged as Get Licence needed, and when I redo Get Licence I get the same error messages 'Registration Limit Reached', nothing can be ridden and the software locks up when I try.

I originally had the videos on my laptop hard disc (up to about number 10) until I was running out of hard disc space.
I bought an external drive, put my velo Reality video folder on it and copied all the videos to it + changed the video path in v-ride to my new hard disc.
This worked. I could get licences and ride.

Adding new videos 10 to 16 to the folder also worked. I could get licences and ride the old ones and the new ones.
It is only when I added the 4 latest new ones, exactly as before, that the Licence Registration Limit trouble started.
How do I recover from this. Thank you.
Malcolm
VeloReality Video

Re: Licence Registration Limit

Post by VeloReality Video »

K will reset your licence as soon as he reads this post, normally this will only happen if you move your installation more then twice, do not worry you will be able to ride your collection
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I reset your registrations. You should be able to register it again. Normally issues like that should be reported directly to me by email. Email has faster turnaround. I do check forum but not as often as email
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Mighty Malc

Post by Mighty Malc »

Thanks for resetting registrations. I have now been able to licence OK.

Having sorted that, I also discovered part of the trouble was that my Ventoux download was too short/corrupt, being only 4.7 Gb. Re-downloading got me over 11 Gb and the video pane now showed it.

Still hung up when I attempted to exit v-ride after licensing .
But next time in it all seemed ok and exited ok.

So I am happy at the moment. Thanks again.
dstratto

Post by dstratto »

I too am having this issue. Is there a Support Contact to get this cleared up. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

dstratto wrote:I too am having this issue. Is there a Support Contact to get this cleared up. Thanks!
Resolved by contacting Veloreality
kfm

Post by kfm »

Hi, same problem.

I have sent several emails to all the contacts for Veloreality to ask for my licence to be reset, since August without any reply.

The registration limit seems to be triggered when adding new licences.

Hoping for some action to get things working again, now that the trainer season is here
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

kfm wrote:Hi, same problem.

I have sent several emails to all the contacts for Veloreality to ask for my licence to be reset, since August without any reply.

The registration limit seems to be triggered when adding new licences.

Hoping for some action to get things working again, now that the trainer season is here
What email did you use? We have not got a single one from you. As for adding new licenses - we allow up to 2 registrations
on 2 different hard drives. Any reason you need more registrations? Anyways I've cleared your registration counters so you can
register again.
kfm

Post by kfm »

Kostya

emails were sent to your gmail address on 12th & 15th August and copied to Gary and Yousif at the veloreality email addresses on 18th August and to Phil on 24th &27th August.

I don't require more than two registrations, my problem occurred when downloading additional videos from my account and trying to licence them on the same original drive.

I don't care for the implication that I wished to exceed the allowed registrations. Not great customer care to attempt to blame the customer rather than looking into the problem.

Thanks for clearing the counters.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kostya emails were sent to your gmail address on 12th & 15th August and copied to Gary and Yousif at the veloreality email addresses on 18th August and to Phil on 24th &27th August.

While I do have gmail address I do not really use it and never check it. Not sure how did you get a hold of it. I have an "official" email address at Veloreality. Or Veloreality also has an "official" contact form. When that form is filled and submitted we always get email. Phil is not our employee.

...Not great customer care to attempt to blame the customer rather than looking into the problem...

Your problem was taken care the minute I've become aware of it. I do not think I blamed you either. Was just curious about the reason.