Wheel circumference setting

Get answers to question about the software.
Bradox78

Wheel circumference setting

Post by Bradox78 »

Hi everyone, ;)

So far, I hadn't changed the wheel circumference setting (2086 mm) in the V-Ride software.

Last week, I changed the rear tyre of my training roadbike and replaced it with a fresh 700x23C Continental Hometrainer Folding Tyre. Continental indicates that this tyre has a circumference of 2122 mm. I entered this new value and performed a new calibration of my Lynx Trainer.

Everything works perfectly but I was wondering what are the effects of this new setting : speed, distance calculation, etc. ?

Thanx for your explanations !
Lynx VR Trainer v1 - PowerTap G3 Alloy Rear Wheel - Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor and heart rate monitor - Dynastream ANTUSB-m stick - Asus Vivo PC X (Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GeForce GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 64 bits).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Wheel circumference setting

Post by admin »

I think on Lynx it does not matter. Wheel circumference is being used to for example determine current speed when you are using "Dumb trainer" with Power Meter combo. On lynx it is totally irrelevant since Lynx knows your precise speed based on diameter and RPM values of roller
VeloReality Forum Administrator