features i would like

Get answers to question about the software.
michael

features i would like

Post by michael »

I am sure you have thought of all of these but I would like to have these features :D

1) A history of all my workouts including dates on your website , something like endomondo would be cool.
2) a way of measuring my fitness progression. I am not sure exactly how this could be displayed or even calculated, maybe a standard fitness test workout which could be analysed.
3) be able to import/export workouts
4) workout library online
5)ability to have a minimized display at bottom of screen , so I can watch netflix full screen with the workout running at the bottom of the screen,( trainer road does this)

don't want much eh?

best wishes

michael
admin
Site Admin

Re: features i would like

Post by admin »

michael wrote:I am sure you have thought of all of these but I would like to have these features :D

1) A history of all my workouts including dates on your website , something like endomondo would be cool.
2) a way of measuring my fitness progression. I am not sure exactly how this could be displayed or even calculated, maybe a standard fitness test workout which could be analysed.
3) be able to import/export workouts
4) workout library online
5)ability to have a minimized display at bottom of screen , so I can watch netflix full screen with the workout running at the bottom of the screen,( trainer road does this)

don't want much eh?

best wishes

michael
You just listed features of TrainerRoad. what's holding you from using it? We will likely implement some of the features you mentioned (but probably in our own way that will be coherent wit our main vision). However as with our VRide network it will be most likely part of our upcoming monthly subscription services.

All we would need is your $10 a month. don't want much eh? ;)
VeloReality Forum Administrator
michael

Post by michael »

I reckon you are worth $10 per month with all the features. Of course existing customers should get it all for free (grandfather rights) as a show of goodwill :P
aaslundg

Post by aaslundg »

I use the free Golden Cheetah software (and Strava) for most og these. After riding in vride I import it into GC, analyze the ride and sometimes upload it into Strava. I would prefer to have veloreality as clean as possible, with focus on the videos, some pacing helps (avatar functionality) and I like riding with other. I also like your pricing model, buy the rides you want. Think you probably should have one longer demo, to make people discover and use your software. What about the extending the alpe d'Huez demo to la Garde. Then this will be a nice try, about 20 minutes ride and you as a rider will have a feeling of achieving something (and you will also want to ride the rest.....)
It is important for the online racing to have a lot of users. I experience that with Zwift, even the slightly boring round on the island gets exiting when there is a lot of other people riding.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

aaslundg wrote:I use the free Golden Cheetah software (and Strava) for most og these. After riding in vride I import it into GC, analyze the ride and sometimes upload it into Strava. I would prefer to have veloreality as clean as possible, with focus on the videos, some pacing helps (avatar functionality) and I like riding with other. I also like your pricing model, buy the rides you want. Think you probably should have one longer demo, to make people discover and use your software. What about the extending the alpe d'Huez demo to la Garde. Then this will be a nice try, about 20 minutes ride and you as a rider will have a feeling of achieving something (and you will also want to ride the rest.....)
It is important for the online racing to have a lot of users. I experience that with Zwift, even the slightly boring round on the island gets exiting when there is a lot of other people riding.
I think that keeping our software as clean as possible is one of our main goals. I do not think we will try to turn it into yet another analytic monster/leaderboard but we would like for example significantly beef up workout capability of our app but again in a way that is in line with our main features and done in our own unique way. We will also introduce scheduled rides/races with the results being saved. There will be simple interface in our app to access those results and select any performance as a live opponent.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

aaslundg wrote: I also like your pricing model, buy the rides you want.
The rides will always be a fixed price, I think its the only way if we are to remain a quality product with a fairly high bitrate video thats hopefully only downloaded the one time.
aaslundg wrote: Think you probably should have one longer demo, to make people discover and use your software. What about the extending the alpe d'Huez demo to la Garde. Then this will be a nice try, about 20 minutes ride and you as a rider will have a feeling of achieving something (and you will also want to ride the rest.....)
Im thinking this also now, its a good idea & I think the software is now good enough that anyone that rides a route fully should be hooked, we have a 20minute long demo thats not used from Luxemburg but Im thinking we should have rather a high profile route with something well known like Paterberg - Koppenberg, I have some footage still from Lanzarote that could be good also because the lack of vegetation & blue sky mean I can use a lower bitrate. The issue for us is the cost to give out a longer ride...
michael wrote: 1) A history of all my workouts including dates on your website , something like endomondo would be cool.
If you click "my data" at the top inside vride, a folder will open you will see a list of all your workouts as tcx files, the idea is you simply upload these to Strava, Training peaks, Garmin, GC or one of the very many other 3rd party workout logging programs that deal with Garmin data files....Right now think of vride as a kind of Garmin GPS unit for indoors. Creating a whole analytical software package that would have to be free & cater for your outside rides would be a bit like reinventing the wheel. At a basic level its all there just a click away completely free. If you join Strava we even have a Veloreality club where you can see other vride users training (or in my case lack of training), chat a bit etc https://www.strava.com/clubs/46850?oq=Veloreal

For the workouts as K said something more awesome then you expect is going to come.
`
Some other points about making workouts with the video that many may not know. The rides auto loop, but also sections of rides so you can find any hill with a descent & auto loop this but simply hitting "new ride" - selecting a hill using the two sliders - click save & then simply ride this until you crack.....You now have pro style hill repeats....Want to do 2 x 20 minutes simply select a mid sized climb of between 4-6km with a descent - save it & ride it...it will auto loop for the 2nd 20min-ish effort, so no need to head back to the menu....does not matter if the climb is a bit longer or a bit shorter in the grand scale of the weekly workload.... Ive filmed a Giro winner doing much the same style of workout....Pro riders & pro coaches use terrain!