LYNX VR Trainer V2

General discussion about the LYNX Trainer.
Bradox78

LYNX VR Trainer V2

Post by Bradox78 »

Veloreality is expected to ship the LYNX VR Trainer V2 soon.

What are the evolutions and/or improvements of this new version over the V1 and will it be possible to update the V1 ?
Lynx VR Trainer v1 - PowerTap G3 Alloy Rear Wheel - Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor and heart rate monitor - Dynastream ANTUSB-m stick - Asus Vivo PC X (Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GeForce GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 64 bits).
bauer

Re: LYNX VR Trainer V2

Post by bauer »

We've been working hard on this one.
Lynx VR Trainer V2 will have many of the same components;
roller, 2HP motor (shorter/lighter), different arrangement in the channel, electronics are no longer between motor and roller, they are outboard of the roller.
Corresponding redesigned lid.
More symetric layout. Forward fork arm is nearly centered, comes as two pieces, there are no more left and right 'feet'. Anodized aluminum tube now, was telescoping steel.
Significant weight loss, almost 10kg. We had some shipping damage, new and improved packaging will prevent that. One single box.
Photo session this coming weekend, then some updates to the website before Christmas.
Stay Tuned!!
(an Ant+/FEC s/w bridge is coming, but not till the New Year)
Goal will be to have that also apply to V2 and back to V1.
rgurney

Post by rgurney »

Is the anodized aluminum tube arm as sturdy as the former steel arm? The aluminum will certainly save weight but may be more flexible.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It has torsional flex but that's the property we need since it allows rocking the bike to a reasonable degree but otherwise it is strong enough. I am riding mine already few month.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Bradox78

Post by Bradox78 »

bauer wrote:Photo session this coming weekend, then some updates to the website before Christmas.
Stay Tuned!!
We are still tuned, Gary ! ;)

What's up with the Lynx II ?

EDIT : At last, here is that long awaited Lynx II ! :D

https://veloreality.com/trainer-ii/
Lynx VR Trainer v1 - PowerTap G3 Alloy Rear Wheel - Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor and heart rate monitor - Dynastream ANTUSB-m stick - Asus Vivo PC X (Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GeForce GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 64 bits).