How do I find the most popular rides?

djk

How do I find the most popular rides?

Post by djk »

I'd like to buy a few of the most popular rides to increase the chance of finding others to ride with... how would I know which videos are best for joining in?

thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I find the most popular rides?

Post by admin »

I think videos in our store can be sorted by popularity. However that popularity does not necessarily correspond to what video is being ridden at the moment. Unfortunately we do not have this kind of statistic.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Almspuffer

Post by Almspuffer »

I find the display of riders and stars on the map screen are not always accurate. Routes that show no riders before I enter often have a couple appear once on the course. I have bought the Ventoux 2 as recommended by KeithD. I meet riders approximately every other ride. But without a voice or IM service it is not possible to communicate. One idea could be for Admin to setup a WhatsApp group for every course, then accept VR store users as members. Any one that is riding the course can monitor the WhatsApp goup and IM others they run in to.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Almspuffer wrote:I find the display of riders and stars on the map screen are not always accurate. Routes that show no riders before I enter often have a couple appear once on the course. I have bought the Ventoux 2 as recommended by KeithD. I meet riders approximately every other ride. But without a voice or IM service it is not possible to communicate. One idea could be for Admin to setup a WhatsApp group for every course, then accept VR store users as members. Any one that is riding the course can monitor the WhatsApp goup and IM others they run in to.
1) Clicking anywhere in settings area (your weight, grade reduction, etc. etc) disables real time update. It is a bug and I will hunt it down. For now to reactivate it click some other button (workout for example) and then "settings" again.

2) Sometime due to network conditions you may have riders come and go. Usually if it happens it is temporary. Can't do much about it if that's the case. Using wired connection instead of wireless may help though.

3) I will forward this post to a higher beings and see what they can do. I am mostly doing design and programming and am very time crunched to look after it. My understanding is that you guys might as well organize and do it yourself for now. Later on I might add some communication facilities to the software.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

I think some form of text communication would be ideal, live chat could be a bit too personal I think for 1st contact but there should be a way to see if your welcome stalk someone or at least say hallo or arrange to try to ride again someplace, ask how long they are going or if they fancy a race up the next hill. It would be great for coaches or just sending some encouragement to someone if your just watching the map.

With over 100 different rides it would be tough to make a whatsapp group for every ride. You could add your skype name for your avatar I guess but then I can imagine if there was a time when we had a lot of riders you would probably not want to have to sort through your skype contact list to see if any of the names look familiar . messaging works if your friends but for the occasional encounter in VRide with a cyclist that you may not see again for months...not sure if I would want to fill my personal contact list.