V-Ride server updated

admin
Site Admin

V-Ride server updated

Post by admin »

I moved to a different location. The location is updated on customer's side using normal software update process Basically click "Install updates" button when starting the software and the button shows up.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
rncrowhurst

Re: V-Ride server updated

Post by rncrowhurst »

I would like to report a possible problem with the server change.

If I start VRide it shows "VRIDE NETWORK STATUS" Connecting with a alternating flashing red (short flash) then yellow (long interval flash). t continues to do this until I close the program and it never connects (after many minutes).

If I download VRide into a new directory and run it it does an "Install Updates" which I then do and it seems to succeed but then it it shows "VRIDE NETWORK STATUS" Offline.

I don't think my installation is picking up the new server.
rncrowhurst

Post by rncrowhurst »

Update to my prior post. Just started VRide again and it is now showing VRIDE NETWORK STATUS Connected (no "Install Update" showed up on start up so must have picked up all changes on last start). Just wondering if this might have been due to a local IP address cache or something?

But seems to be working okay now.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

rncrowhurst wrote:Update to my prior post. Just started VRide again and it is now showing VRIDE NETWORK STATUS Connected (no "Install Update" showed up on start up so must have picked up all changes on last start). Just wondering if this might have been due to a local IP address cache or something?

But seems to be working okay now.
Hosting service was doing some updates so it took a while for the things to settle down. Nothing I could do about it other then wait
rkoch615

Post by rkoch615 »

Am having the same problem. Getting a yellow bar saying "connecting" then a quick red bar saying "time out", then back to the yellow bar "connecting" but, never connecting. Am not getting an update software option.
Bradox78

Post by Bradox78 »

I had exactly the same problem as described by rkoch615 yesterday evening, even after several attempts with computer stop and restart.

Solved as follows :

- disconnected computer from internet
- stopped and restarted computer
- started Vride : "get updates" showed up again
- reconnected computer to internet
- clicked on "get updates" and then on "install updates"
- all done and OK : back online on Vride network.
Lynx VR Trainer v1 - PowerTap G3 Alloy Rear Wheel - Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor and heart rate monitor - Dynastream ANTUSB-m stick - Asus Vivo PC X (Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GeForce GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 64 bits).
ultrafreak

Not connecting

Post by ultrafreak »

Definitely a problem connecting as others have noted. (Sunday, 2016.02.28 around 11:30am Pacific).

VRide comes up fine and I log in successfully. Downloaded and installed updates. Continually get the connection timeout in VRide. Have tried multiple reboots and one power down. Tried reinstalling VRide (which brings up a point - would be nice if users could opt out of downloading Paterburg video - painful). Tried disconnnecting/reconnecting to the network. Not good.

Really, VRide should be able to run in offline mode! Makes no sense that we should have to connect to the server at all if we want to just ride the trainer.

Appreciate your attention in resolving the connection issues.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Not connecting

Post by admin »

ultrafreak wrote:...Really, VRide should be able to run in offline mode! Makes no sense that we should have to connect to the server at all if we want to just ride the trainer.
1) V-Ride runs in off-line mode just fine. It only needs internet connection for original registration.
2) The place where game (group riding) server is located experiencing some issues that are being fixed. It absolutely does not affect your ability to ride. You just will not see live opponents.
3)Uninstalling/Reinstalling/Moving VRide software makes no sense at all as it is the problem on server side
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bradox78 wrote:I had exactly the same problem as described by rkoch615 yesterday evening, even after several attempts with computer stop and restart.

Solved as follows :

- disconnected computer from internet
- stopped and restarted computer
- started Vride : "get updates" showed up again
- reconnected computer to internet
- clicked on "get updates" and then on "install updates"
- all done and OK : back online on Vride network.
Uninstalling/Reinstalling/Moving VRide software makes no sense at all as it is the problem on server side. The computer on which the server is running is unreachable from the outside world intermittently (on and off as the network people do whatever things they do). They promised to fix it soon.
ultrafreak

Re: Not connecting

Post by ultrafreak »

admin wrote:
ultrafreak wrote:...Really, VRide should be able to run in offline mode! Makes no sense that we should have to connect to the server at all if we want to just ride the trainer.
1) V-Ride runs in off-line mode just fine. It only needs internet connection for original registration.
2) The place where game (group riding) server is located experiencing some issues that are being fixed. It absolutely does not affect your ability to ride. You just will not see live opponents.
3)Uninstalling/Reinstalling/Moving VRide software makes no sense at all as it is the problem on server side
Interesting. I could not get VRide to start a video ride yesterday while the server was having connection issues. I tried unplugging/plugging the KickR trainer, unplugging/replugging the Garmin USB ANT+, stopping/restarting VRIde, rebooting, etc. The videos would come up and advance me to where I stopped the ride on a prior day, but the ride wouldn't advance when pedaling. I fired up Trainer Road and it worked immediately, so I don't think it was an issue with the KickR or Garmin USB. I'll try running VRide again in offline mode and see if I can get it to work. Glad to hear that offline is supported.