Wednesday Race 7Pm GMT

VeloReality Video

Re: Wednesday Race 7Pm GMT

Post by VeloReality Video »

Ive finally got a road bike set up inside (taken over our front room as my office is a bit crowded now) would love to join some riders tomorrow night at say 7pm GMT (Im in Belgium btw)
Almspuffer

Post by Almspuffer »

Its starting to get wet and dark here in the UK West Country. Anyone interested in meeting up for a vride?
Kiko

Post by Kiko »

Almspuffer wrote:Its starting to get wet and dark here in the UK West Country. Anyone interested in meeting up for a vride?
In West Dorset, apart from the odd day, we're still having rather pleasant weather so I'm still out in the real world!

As a veteran racer, 62, and around 2.2 watt/kg, I'm slow but would like to try a ride. I have Vercors, Ardeche, Ventoux, Col de Rates, Paterburg. I'm a bit restricted to mornings, but could manage the odd 6pm ride. Would like to give it a try if you or any others are compatible!
Almspuffer

Post by Almspuffer »

Mornings are not good for me, but may suit any Aussies or Yanks out there. 6pm is also a bit early for me to get home from work, but I work from home occasionally. So I can do the coming Monday 10th at 6pm. I only have Ventoux_2 and Patenburg but could do with buying some new videos so I 'm open to any route. Pace won't be a problem. We need a comms route, Skype voice call or similar.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Almspuffer wrote:Mornings are not good for me, but may suit any Aussies or Yanks out there. 6pm is also a bit early for me to get home from work, but I work from home occasionally. So I can do the coming Monday 10th at 6pm. I only have Ventoux_2 and Patenburg but could do with buying some new videos so I 'm open to any route. Pace won't be a problem. We need a comms route, Skype voice call or similar.
I do make occasional "group rides" with my friends. Mostly 2 people at once myself including. We do use Skype to talk when we ride.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Kiko

Post by Kiko »

Thanks almspuffer and admin. Another learning curve for me...........I haven't a clue about Skype. I'll have to haul out my V-ride manual also. I thought it would be possible to arrange a start time with someone, then select the agreed video, click on 'ride with riders' and off you go!?

I did once see another live rider on one of my routes, but they seemed to drop in for a few miles, then disconnected, I think. There was someone doing Ardeche this morning, so I selected and started it but no sign of anyone else, presumably they could have been anywhere on the route, but I could see no indication. Any advice about the best way to ride with other riders gratefully accepted.

I can't do the 10th, but would really like to try this feature some time soon, so please keep the dialogue going!

PS I've got Ventoux 2, not for the descent, but for the brilliant ride from Flassan and on up the Gorge de la Nesque.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kiko wrote:Thanks almspuffer and admin. Another learning curve for me...........I haven't a clue about Skype. I'll have to haul out my V-ride manual also. I thought it would be possible to arrange a start time with someone, then select the agreed video, click on 'ride with riders' and off you go!?
That is all you ever need.

The Skype is extra if you want it. We use Skype just to talk to each other while riding. Skype is generic communications software. You can use it as a telephone but it works over the Internet so you talking to your friend thousands of miles away is still free ;)
Kiko

Post by Kiko »

admin wrote: We use Skype just to talk to each other while riding.
Haha.........you mean you've enough breath to talk and ride at the same time? :lol:

Anyway, thanks for the info, I'm actually looking forward to the winter months and training with VR!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kiko wrote:...Haha.........you mean you've enough breath to talk and ride at the same time? :lol:
Well there is always enough breath for some swearing :wink:
HHRoadtrip

Post by HHRoadtrip »

I didn't have a chance to ride on the afternoon of 11/1, but I saw Almspuffer on Ventoux 2 (probably 10 pm GMT). I used "Demo mode", and "rode" along for a little while. Two (or maybe three) questions: 1) could Almspuffer see my avatar when I was in demo mode?; and 2) has there been any progress on an optional "power equalizing" mode, so that riders of of different strength could ride together more feasibly? And 3) is there any mechanism, other than this forum, for contacting VR riders? Cold weather is coming- lots of great VR rides in the near future!