Wednesday Race 7Pm GMT

HHRoadtrip

Re: Wednesday Race 7Pm GMT

Post by HHRoadtrip »

Hey KeithD- I had hoped to ride with you today at 7 pm GMT, but won't be able to make it. I'll plan for next Wednesday. Thanks for trying to rouse some interest in group riding.

There still is a challenge in finding riders of similar capability- you and K8 are going to be a tough pair to stay close to. And Gordo, at 3 w/kg, is going to be tough unless he shows up as a svelte 50 kg wraith.

Maybe we can ask riders to post on this forum their preferences for: a) friendly tempo or race; b) estimated comfortable power range- i.e. the upper and lower limits of riders with whom they would feel comfortable;
c) list available VR videos; d) day of week; and e) time availability and preference e.g. might be able to ride anytime between 1:00 pm GMT and 1:00 am GMT, prefer around 1:00 pm GMT.

So I'll start: looking for other riders who might enjoy a friendly ride; 130-160 average watts; I have Ventoux 1, 2 and 3, and CapCorse 1, 2 and 3; any day around 1:00 pm GMT, or later (up to 1:00 am GMT).

We'll see if more interest can be sparked.
gordo

Post by gordo »

Road george course last night at 4:30 PST. I had 3 circles to chase but it would have been better to have someone to chat with. Of course I wouldn't have been able to chat much with all my huffing and puffing but I did beat the circles....lol
If anyone is able to ride around 4:00 to 5:00 pm PST let me know and let me know what video you have so I can make sure I have it too.

Gordo
gordo

Post by gordo »

p.s. I beat KeithD's time by a few seconds ;) not that I'm competitive or anything.

Gordo
andy101

Post by andy101 »

Hi all, I'll try and join the wednesday ride as I'm trying to stick to Wed, Sat and Sun rides - timing can be a bit of a challenge for me with everything else going one so I'll see what is already happening and try to join the ride.

Do people have a fave to ride (I currently have the Majorca and Utah Grand Tours) - happy to get others if there are rides ridden a lot as a group.

Hope to see you all on the road soon :D

I'm loving Veloreality and the accuracy it offers - great for trying a training programme with the variety of videos that to resemble real riding (or as close as it can be without being out when it's freezing outside)
gordo

Post by gordo »

Hi andy101:

what time zone are you in?

gordo
andy101

Post by andy101 »

Hi Gordo, I'm close to London so am on GMT.

I can ride later rather than mornings, especially Sunday - I notice tonight there are more riders than when I road earlier today
rncrowhurst

Post by rncrowhurst »

andy101 wrote: Do people have a fave to ride (I currently have the Majorca and Utah Grand Tours) - happy to get others if there are rides ridden a lot as a group.
Hi andy101

It was interesting to join your ride the other day. The Mallorca Tour routes seems quite popular with riders who are on at a similar time. The Corsica Tour https://veloreality.com/product/corsica ... ts-1-to-3/ seems another popular set from what I have been observing of riders on at same time. That is probably worth getting to give you more options to join rides. Its also visually nice routes to ride as well.

Some others that you might like to consider are 0014_BE-WestFlanders_2, 0070_BE-Mur-de-Huy, the Ardeche and Gascony Tours. Mallorca and Corsica are must have's as are 0046_FR-Burgundyand 0068_FR_Gavarnie but that is just my opinion as all the movies are great.

I am 12-13 hours ahead of GMT so my morning is your evening. If your planning to ride in evening then you'll likely have riders from NZ joining your rides. The last two weeks I have been on to join the Ventoux 2 ride KeithD was proposing but there has been no one on it. Mallorca and Corsica were being ridden by several sets of riders which is why I suggest you get Corsica Tour.

I tend to be on a bit earlier - more like 5 or 6 PM GMT (6-7 am NZDT) and am happy for any riders to pop in and out of my ride routes as it gives a bit more motivation to do a bit of extra effort :)
HHRoadtrip

Post by HHRoadtrip »

Hi Andy101,
I just missed you this morning. You finished riding on CapCorse 2 just as I started- then you went to a video I don't have. I usually ride around that time (1:00-2:00 pm GMT), and I'll try to join you if I see you on CapCorse 1-3 or Ventoux 1-3.

What a terrific product, and great support! Now we need more riders.
andy101

Post by andy101 »

Hi, it was great to see others on the ride :-)

I'm not sure I'm the best for a group ride at the moment as I;m trying to follow some form of training programme, so one minute I'll be at FTP, the next in Zone 1/2.

Happy though to try one of the climbs as a group one day - maybe Sa Colobra or Corsica (third video)

I'll be around next Sat/Sun and can be relatively flexible on timing (UK time)
Almspuffer

Post by Almspuffer »

Hi Keith -are you riding this wednesay? What course and what comms are you using before hand.