Wednesday Race 7Pm GMT

admin
Site Admin

Re: Wednesday Race 7Pm GMT

Post by admin »

HHRoadtrip wrote:I didn't have a chance to ride on the afternoon of 11/1, but I saw Almspuffer on Ventoux 2 (probably 10 pm GMT). I used "Demo mode", and "rode" along for a little while. Two (or maybe three) questions: 1) could Almspuffer see my avatar when I was in demo mode?; and 2) has there been any progress on an optional "power equalizing" mode, so that riders of of different strength could ride together more feasibly? And 3) is there any mechanism, other than this forum, for contacting VR riders? Cold weather is coming- lots of great VR rides in the near future!
1) - Yes
2) - Yes, we'll let it out soon (matter of days)
3) - Not yet. For now use the forum or I guess if one wants s/he can also create appropriate groups in media of their choice (Facebook, Google+, Strava, etc )
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Almspuffer

Post by Almspuffer »

Nope, I couldn't see you. I have suggested a WhatsApp group or similar. Another option is the tacxtours chat. I think people who already know each other use Skype. I'm riding a couple of nights a week and would welcome company. I'm happy to adjust my pace to suit.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Almspuffer wrote:...Nope, I couldn't see you...
That is pretty strange. I can pretty much see people riding online in "Test mode" including some fake accounts I've created for testing. Maybe you had option to turn the display off or could it be some weird network condition. "Test mode" goes through exactly the same code path as the real rider. The only difference is the source of power which in "Test mode" is constant and equals your FTP.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HHRoadtrip wrote:...has there been any progress on an optional "power equalizing" mode, so that riders of of different strength could ride together more feasibly?..
It is now implemented. The details are here:
https://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=321
HHRoadtrip

Post by HHRoadtrip »

I used the "Group ride"/power equalization mode in a ride with AWG on 11/6. I don't know if AWG was using the power equalization feature, but he was pretty consistent in the range 180-220 W. It was just terrific for me! I could not have stayed close otherwise, but with this new feature, AWG and I alternated the lead for the whole session (at least until I had to break off). My Strava upload gave accurate info for power, time, vertical and distance- my speed was higher than my usual, as expected. Overall, I think this is a great, new feature!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HHRoadtrip wrote:...I don't know if AWG was using the power equalization feature, but he was pretty consistent in the range 180-220 W...
1) I will add some kind of indicator so you would know upfront if the person is using power-equalization.
2) For now you can just watch person for a little while and set your FTP to about the average power displayed by the person you want to join.
3) Submitting to Strava in this mode is iffy since the power data is true but speed/location would be obviously wrong. What I will probably do at some point is to create dual files. One with true speed and another is with the "power equalized" one. It will be up to you which one to submit.
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

admin wrote:
HHRoadtrip wrote:...I don't know if AWG was using the power equalization feature, but he was pretty consistent in the range 180-220 W...
1) I will add some kind of indicator so you would know upfront if the person is using power-equalization.
2) For now you can just watch person for a little while and set your FTP to about the average power displayed by the person you want to join.
3) Submitting to Strava in this mode is iffy since the power data is true but speed/location would be obviously wrong. What I will probably do at some point is to create dual files. One with true speed and another is with the "power equalized" one. It will be up to you which one to submit.
3) At least with the fairly steady FT of 200watt limit set slowing the fast riders down I dont think anyone will be taking KOMs,
DickHeijkoop

Post by DickHeijkoop »

Good day all,

What is currently (jan. 2, 2017) the status of joint rides with VR; are there standard meeting times defined I could join? Which tracks/videos?
I am from Europe, NL.
Thanks!

/dick
HHRoadtrip

Post by HHRoadtrip »

Hi DickHeijkoop-
I too have been trying to find the best method of organizing rides. Kostya (admin) has suggested using this "V-Ride Network" forum, and starting a new topic such as "Looking for group ride, day(s) of week, approximate GMT, route preference". There are many obstacles to successful arrangements including the wide range of time zones and the need to find riders with matching videos. Fitness levels are another challenge, but can be mitigated by use of the "Group ride" option which adjusts the individual's watt output to about 200W. I suggest that you post something and see if you get any response.
Another option is to simply open the software and see if there are any riders on routes that are available to you. You can then jump onto the course near another rider (with or without the group ride button) and share the experience.
Almspuffer

Post by Almspuffer »

Hi All

I think a 'lobby' message board could work well. The forum may not be interactive enough, I suggest a WhatsApp group. I'll see if I can set one up. You can IM a day or just 10 minutes before you ride to see who else is planning what rides. You can have WhatsApp up while riding to communicate with anyone you meet on the virtual road. Anyone who wants to try it, Private Message your WhatsApp ID and I'll add to the group. When I workout how?l