Ventoux Part 2 (Gorges de la Nesque) Group Ride GMT

rncrowhurst

Re: Ventoux Part 2 (Gorges de la Nesque) Group Ride GMT

Post by rncrowhurst »

I am interested in group rides but being on the other side of the world I would either have to get up in the middle of the night or wait for more riders in New Zealand and Australia to realise just how good VeloReality software and movies are. However, I would like to put forward some suggestions for possible group riding routes just based on some of the routes I have.

So its not just a long list of routes I have broken these up in to three categories to cover options for flat, undulating and gradual hill climbs. The harder hill climbs may also be a category for group rides but flat, undulating or gradual climbs seem to me to be better option to start with.

So here are some of my suggestions of routes I think may work (your thought on them may vary :) )

Flattish routes
  1. 0014_BE-WestFlanders_2 - nice flat course with two 16 km TT sections - could be ideal for A, B, C, D, E grades if you have enough riders. TT in a group at your level eventually.
Gradual Hill Climbs
  1. 0012_FR-Vergio-E_2 - has a bit of a bump at start but thereafter is a nice gradual climb at mostly 2-3%. Easy enough to ride to enjoy but would make a good uphill TT as well (after the first 3 km that is)
  2. 0068_FR_Gavarnie - really nice picturesque gradually climbing route for first 19 or so km (2-6% or thereabouts), thereafter ramps up so group rides would stop at Gavarnie village at an agreed point and the climbers could continue to top of Col De Tentes if they wished. This is one really awesome route from the start to Gavarnie village
  3. 0050_FR-Vercors
  4. 0006_FR-Ventoux_3 - from Sault to Chaley Reynard - nice gradual climb mostly less than 6-7% ending with a sprint of a few km at 1-3% or so to Chalet Reynard. Those with a death wish could then ride the next 6 km to top of Ventoux but stopping at Chalet Reynard would be best.
Undulating
  1. 0046_FR-Burgundy - has nice 3-7% climb from 7-15 km but otherwise is flattish/undulating. Excellent route to ride. A favourite :D
  2. 0009_FR-CapCorse_2 - after the first 12 km uphill (2-7% or so) it undulates along the coast with many small ups and downs. Nice route.
  3. 0041_FR-TourmaletWest - the first 20 km or so are a nice undulating ride (actually more like one small uphill at 6% max). Ride could end at Luz Saint-Sauver before the real climbing starts.
  4. 0064_FR-ArdecheTour_2 - nice route but the undulating hills do hit higher gradients (7-8%) in a few places
  5. 0028_FR-GasconyTour_3 - longer undulating route
Loop Rides
  1. 0005_FR-Ventoux_2 followed by 0006_FR-Ventoux_3 - Starts at Chalet Reynard then downhill most of way too Sault (with a few slight pinches) then back to Chalet Reynard via easier climb. Excellent route to ride for a 68km or so loop.
These are really just a few of the possibilities as I see them
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

Some more Easy routes

0008_FR-CapCorse_1 really easy roads but its never completely flat.
0014_BE-WestFlanders_2 These are my old training roads, ride through the heart of Ieper (Ypers from World war one) ...pancake flat canals towards the coast of Belgium
0025_Lago-dIseo pancake flat lake side ride
0026_FR-GasconyTour_1 to 4 (there is a short hard hill mid way though Part 1 & the finish of part 4 is up in a fortified hill top village)
0034_ES-GrandTour-Majorca_1 to 3 are really easy rolling typical Majorcan group ride roads (Parts 4 to 6 are the mountains with Sollar & Sa Calobra etc)
0045_DE-RomanticRoad very easy scenic road with some views of Bavarian castles at the finish
0046_FR-Burgundy This ones a bit harder but still your typical clubrun type terrain
0054_IR-WildAtlanticCoast_1 to 3 there are some short sharp hills but most of the 1st 150km of this 400km tour is just rolling twisty roads.
0060_ES-Timanfaya Rolling roads past Volcano's of Lanzarote & though a huge lava field, roads not too hard either
0067_NL-DutchBorder Completely flat ride along the boarder between Belgium (on the left) & the Netherlands (on the right)...twisty country roads in the springtime..

Then there are a bunch of US/canada rides which are probably not too hard also,
HHRoadtrip

Post by HHRoadtrip »

I'm also interested in getting some small group rides going, but multiple challenges exist including convenient time zone, needing to own same videos, and having similar fitness level. An additional challenge is that some riders may not ever access this forum, and may be unaware of how many others might be interested in such group rides. Today, I noticed a rider (kvanloon) on one of my common courses, Ventoux 2, and noted wattages similar to mine. Is there a way to contact such an individual by PM or similar? It might help to build the number of potential group riders.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HHRoadtrip wrote:I'm also interested in getting some small group rides going, but multiple challenges exist including convenient time zone, needing to own same videos, and having similar fitness level. An additional challenge is that some riders may not ever access this forum, and may be unaware of how many others might be interested in such group rides. Today, I noticed a rider (kvanloon) on one of my common courses, Ventoux 2, and noted wattages similar to mine. Is there a way to contact such an individual by PM or similar? It might help to build the number of potential group riders.
I will work on such functionality but it may take some time. Meanwhile I will try to email invitation to our customers to join the forum so you guys can organize your rides here
VeloReality Forum Administrator
HHRoadtrip

Post by HHRoadtrip »

Thanks Kostya. Alerting the customers to the existence of the forum might be very helpful.
Almspuffer

Post by Almspuffer »

Hi All - I am another UK rider interested in evening rides.
Anyone still doing a particular ride at a particular time?
rkoch615

Post by rkoch615 »

Somebody help me out. What does PM mean and how do you do it?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

rkoch615 wrote:Somebody help me out. What does PM mean and how do you do it?
Small box/glyph/button located to the right sight of the post and marked PM (Personal/Private Message). Clicking it let's you send a message to that individual
VeloReality Forum Administrator
rkoch615

Post by rkoch615 »

OK, Got it. Thanks!