Ventoux Part 2 (Gorges de la Nesque) Group Ride GMT

VeloReality Video

Ventoux Part 2 (Gorges de la Nesque) Group Ride GMT

Post by VeloReality Video »

This thread is to form a regular group ride (Club run if you like) with one of the easy scenic routes in our collection. if you do not already own it please PM me or Keith direct.
Dennis

Re: Ventoux Part 2 (Gorges de la Nesque) Group Ride GMT

Post by Dennis »

I'm interested.
I don't have the ride yet
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

Dennis wrote:I'm interested.
I don't have the ride yet
Another point could be to add when you are available for a ride, maybe we can get a few "group leaders" that can be there to get a few groups going in different time zones? I know Keith will be GMT (UK time) probably in the early evening
KeithD

Post by KeithD »

I will be riding at about 7:40 PM for about 40 minutes Ventoux part 2.
gordo

Post by gordo »

Hi

As a long time tacx user and devoted RLV fan I have recently upgraded my fortius to the neo. The reason I upgraded was the TTS software has not worked well with the fortius since the implementation of the V brake and even worse with since I upgraded to windows 10. With the Neo my hope was that things would improve with the ride feel. RLV's in TTS work, but they have never gotten back to the smoothness they had on TTS 3.12. I decided to try the veloreality software as its the best price going "free" can you believe it!!!! To my surprise its what I always thought RLV's could be. The video runs smooth, the trainer reacts just the way it should in response to the changes in slope. If Tacx had this software two years ago they could be enjoying the same success Zwift is right now only on real courses. Boy did they miss the boat. I used to do the multiplayer rides back when I had TTS 3 but gave up on them when the new models came out that could do 60 km downhill and the fortius could only do 40 km/hr. I would kill myself to get a 5 minute lead on the mountain only to loose 10 minutes on the downhill. Now with FEC control all things should be equal and I would very much like to try a group ride with veloreality. Please let me know which video to buy where I would have the most success of joining a group ride.

Thanks for making such a great product....I think if this thing ever hits the tipping point where you could join a ride and there would always be someone else on it, it would surpass Zwift in the number of users and be the go to indoor training app.

Gordo.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

gordo wrote:...I think if this thing ever hits the tipping point where you could join a ride and there would always be someone else on it, it would surpass Zwift in the number of users and be the go to indoor training app...
Zwift had massive financial backing that allowed them to have large and effective marketing campaign. We did not have the same initial backing so we move slower but we are growing for sure.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

gordo wrote:...Please let me know which video to buy where I would have the most success of joining a group ride...
There is a guy KeithD http://veloreality.com/forum/memberlist ... file&u=416 on our forums who I think is trying to organize group rides (I think he was/is organizer of the same things for Tacx but I could be wrong). Why don't you guys hook up and figure out what video is the best. I saw other people ride together bue can not pinpoint any particular video that would be most popular for this. If we're talking about online functionality I have a suspicion that our software currently used more for group rides/training together. This is for example what I do, I call my friend, we select the video and off we go and I saw this pattern pop up here and there.

http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=187
gordo

Post by gordo »

admin wrote:
gordo wrote:...Please let me know which video to buy where I would have the most success of joining a group ride...
There is a guy KeithD http://veloreality.com/forum/memberlist ... file&u=416 on our forums who I think is trying to organize group rides (I think he was/is organizer of the same things for Tacx but I could be wrong). Why don't you guys hook up and figure out what video is the best. I saw other people ride together bue can not pinpoint any particular video that would be most popular for this. If we're talking about online functionality I have a suspicion that our software currently used more for group rides/training together. This is for example what I do, I call my friend, we select the video and off we go and I saw this pattern pop up here and there.

http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=187
Thanks for the speedy response. I will try and contact KeithD. I recognize the name from the Tacx forum. I was just looking at my strava segment of Ventoux from the Tacx 2008 video that I did about 10 days ago. It basically runs the same route except in reverse. I've always thought going the other way would be a really nice ride. I am going to download the Ventoux part II tonight and give it a go. One of the issues I always found with the tacx multiplayer was my location on the west coast of canada makes it difficult to join organized rides. I still ride outside all year but only on the weekends in the winter and most of my trainer time is weekday nights. I'll get in touch with Keith as you suggested and see what are time zone difference is.

Gordo
gordo

Post by gordo »

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to PM anyone. Is this a function that needs to be enabled?

Gordo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Strange, can you try now?