Sugestion

KeithD

Sugestion

Post by KeithD »

I have been thinking of a way to get more on line riders users why not give Ventoux part 2 as a freebee to anyone buying another video.

If someone logs on to do another ride they may well see people on this and use it as a warm up or just see what its like to ride when there are others on.

I have it already and am impressed, but its getting more users online If I go onto the rides with other riders as I only have two, none usually show up. The demo is too short, Once you have the names and a greater distance for the left hand profile, I feel that just one ride may kick start more people using the software.

Zwift have said one of the reasons that there is only one course in use at one time, is the social aspect. Now is the time, as its the start of winter. Zwift has lots of riders I think that people will get bored, and something like Veloreality could get their interest if there were a few people online.

I think the majority of people buying the films are people who just like to ride alone and have a good quality film to watch. Zwift has proved that there are a lot of people who like interacting with others.You need to target both groups.
I had an enjoyable ride when Dave Gordon joined me, we both worked that bit harder up the Gorges de Nesque. A climb that I have ridden twice in real life, and is one of my favorites. I am already looking at getting a few more of this type.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sugestion

Post by admin »

I forwarded your request to sales. Names and changeable length of left profile are coming in a matter of days
VeloReality Forum Administrator
ghetto

Post by ghetto »

Petersburg's pretty good IMO though a contrasting ride in a different visual environment would help perhaps.

I bet VR loose an awful lot to potential customers because the whole download app, sign up, download film, get license, find riders process is really awkward and nonintuitive. That's a shame when the hard work of the app and film is done!

Since the app is useless without the film and everyone will download Paterburg anyway, why not bundle it together and make it a 1 click job?
Last edited by ghetto on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ghetto

Post by ghetto »

And Keith you're quite right, to find someone to ride with you need to find someone who has done all of the above AND bought the same film as you from a library of 100.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ghetto wrote:Petersburg's pretty good IMO though a contrasting ride in a different visual environment would help perhaps.

I bet VR loose an awful lot to potential customers because the whole download app, sign up, download film, get license, find riders process is really awkward and nonintuitive. That's a shame when the hard work of the app and film is done!

Since the app is useless without the film and everyone will download Paterburg anyway, why not bundle it together and make it a 1 click job?
Yes I think Paterberg is good enough to get people started and it is free.

1) Download app - everyone does that
2) Sign up - every other app does that as well
3) Download film - Yes we are considering bundling of the software with that Paterberg video as a single package with one click install. Problem with this though that the only meaningful place for single click install will be system drive and as customer buy more videos (and they do and the videos are huge) the system drive overflows in no time. So the idea was to let user decide where do they want their videos (including multiple locations) and give them the ability to select. Also when you download videos from the browser you still have to think about where do you place it after.
4) Get license - Well we do license our content. Content is what the customer pays for, at least for now. If we eliminate licensing then everyone will be free to share.
5) Find riders - If you limit yourself to Paterberg/single course as Zwift does you do not have to find them. They'll be all happily trundling around on a single course in circles. So what prohibits you people from doing just that? If however you want to ride on various videos then you're free to organize group of people, buy some video if you do not have it already and go ride/race together. That is what I do with my friends (well except paying for videos ;) )

In any case you are welcome to propose better solution and we'll be glad to hear it assuming that it is not in line of make everything free ;)
KeithD

Post by KeithD »

My Suggestion was not a free course full stop, but to get most people get the same course when they buy any course they get another free. No choice but a good easy one. Anybody buying a course will get the free one so over time everybody who buys a course will have the one that is on offer. If its a good one like the Ventoux part 2 it will give people a reasonable chance that there will be somebody riding that course. I will be riding the Ventoux part 2 tonight with my wife. I have been trying to get others to ride but its an uphill struggle, until more are on anyway I think its the chicken and the egg situation.
We will be riding at around 7:40 GMT for 40 to 45 minutes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

KeithD wrote:My Suggestion was not a free course full stop, but to get most people get the same course when they buy any course they get another free.....
Aready said it was forwarded to sales. Tey'll come out with the answer. Just give then some time.
KeithD

Post by KeithD »

Just clarifying that its not just a free film but a buy one get one free.

Anyway tonight Katherine and I were on Ventoux part 2 and I need you to explain this pg225 joined on my computer but showed as pg226 on Kathrine's. Passed Katherine first then me but was in shot for us both with a different number. Left after a minute.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

KeithD wrote:Just clarifying that its not just a free film but a buy one get one free.

Anyway tonight Katherine and I were on Ventoux part 2 and I need you to explain this pg225 joined on my computer but showed as pg226 on Kathrine's. Passed Katherine first then me but was in shot for us both with a different number. Left after a minute.
It was a test and the customer changed his Nick and when you update Nick it does not propagate immediately but might take a while depending on particular circumstances so it is all ok. It will eventually become pg226 on yours as well.
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

ghetto wrote:Petersburg's pretty good IMO though a contrasting ride in a different visual environment would help perhaps.

Something like

1a Customer registers on the VR site buying the actual Software/demo as a package for free. Then the rest below would happen with almost a single click.

1 having the exe/demo included inside an installer opens with some text to ask the customer to think about a good permanent location for a potentially huge video collection (like a 500GB+ external USB3 hard drive). Demo & exe are extracted to this selected location.
2 Have this installer create a "Video" folder for the Demo on this drive local to the exe & an option for a shortcut on the desktop etc....
3 Have the software default to looking 1st in this local directory for this Video folder & have this Video Demo already pre selected when hitting the Video tab...

New user would then open the software & be able in many cases to directly ride the Paterberg.