Races

KeithD

Races

Post by KeithD »

One area Tacx Netathlon and Zwift have not been good at is race support. Racing is how I first moved from Netathlon to The I-Magic software as Chris formed an I-Magic League. I helped out and we got a website that had results that were automatically updated. We got no help from Tacx and were just dedicated amateurs trying to get a bit of competition going. It was success and before TTS we had over 60 riders competing in 3 leagues. There were others as well The German Lega and a Spanish one.
Now I am sure that you could do something along those lines with Veloreality.
TacxTours do well with there organised races and have 40 or 50 now most nights they run.
An Idea would be to have a race on a flat course like Corsica, scheduled two or three times a week the results would be able to be uploaded to a web site and displayed. Rides that were done not on a on line race would also be able to be uploaded, and the duration of each race would be two weeks. Course would have to be reasonable not too hilly and you could flat sections of your videos for the next race. Races would be between 30 minutes and an hour long.
Just a thought.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Races

Post by admin »

Now I am sure that you could do something along those lines with Veloreality.

We are working on it.

Rides that were done not on a on line race would also be able to be uploaded, and the duration of each race would be two weeks. Course would have to be reasonable not too hilly and you could flat sections of your videos for the next race. Races would be between 30 minutes and an hour long.

Funny but all of it is sort of available right now. Our videos come with multiple segments and some of those (especially with the SKU>100 at the moment but we can easily update the other ones as well). If one creates corresponding segment in Strava then TCX files produced by our software can be submitted and your performance will be analyzed and ranked by Strava.

This way you can have real online real time fun but also off line as well later on Strava.

Anyways thanks for your suggestions and as I have already said we are working on it and something will be coming out very soon.
VeloReality Forum Administrator