1st ride post in here

VeloReality Video

1st ride post in here

Post by VeloReality Video »

I will be online tonight (GMT+1) probably about 7pm will pick something if I do not already see someone else busy. Its becoming obvious we need to build this up, the times Ive been riding with Kostya or Doug in New Zeeland have worked really well. helps to have a lot of rides to spot someone to suddenly appear near!

Im called "Phil in Flanders" so you know Im in Belgium! could be a good idea to add some kind of country code or state if in the US/canada & please come in here & report any sightings! :P
glepore

Re: 1st ride post in here

Post by glepore »

Hi Phil, I'm Greg911 USA. Too bad my Lago file must be corrupt, it goes blackscreen at the first portico, will reload it.
Anyway, cool to see you onscreen and to ride with you, albeit briefly. I was on a recovery day, hence that video, but you took me wayyy over my wattage ceiling to catch up. Ended up riding much of the second half of Burgundy to finish.

I'm often on afternoons Eastern USA time-say 7 or your local time. I do some structured workouts this time of year, so I don't ride Vride every day, but I do a mountain or two a week and recoverish rides. Would welcome a base/tempo partner or pacer this time of year.
VeloReality Video

glepore wrote:Hi Phil, I'm Greg911 USA. Too bad my Lago file must be corrupt, it goes blackscreen at the first portico, will reload it.
Anyway, cool to see you onscreen and to ride with you, albeit briefly. I was on a recovery day, hence that video, but you took me wayyy over my wattage ceiling to catch up. Ended up riding much of the second half of Burgundy to finish.

I'm often on afternoons Eastern USA time-say 7 or your local time. I do some structured workouts this time of year, so I don't ride Vride every day, but I do a mountain or two a week and recoverish rides. Would welcome a base/tempo partner or pacer this time of year.
Yes you vanished when we entered that tunnel, the type of cinema camera we use does not really do the fake auto exposure thing like on a Go Pro so the tunnels will be as dark as in real life....I think you may possibly have just entered a tunnel & got a black screen, you could try raising the brightness a bit normally you should see some lights. The tunnel is I think 600m so quite long but I added a segment for it so you can ride this a bit harder if your tempted next time. There is another tunnel near the end also....had to keep them in really as the ride is fairly short as it is, but its a nice flat one for recovery.

Part one of Corsica is another nice flat one, & recently the 1st 10km of the Cols d'Iraty (new film) was I thought a really nice recovery ride.

Anyway was great to see another rider out there Greg!
glepore

Post by glepore »

No, I've ridden that many times before, and actually with a good projector I can see-the video locked and the software crashed, I closed and reopened the Vride, and tried to "slider" back in front of you, but black screen the minute the pedals turned. I have a backup copy on a flash drive I'll port over and use.
VeloReality Video

glepore wrote:No, I've ridden that many times before, and actually with a good projector I can see-the video locked and the software crashed, I closed and reopened the Vride, and tried to "slider" back in front of you, but black screen the minute the pedals turned. I have a backup copy on a flash drive I'll port over and use.
Ok sounds like something bad happened, on the bright side check out the new map for multiplayer! https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 7530_o.jpg
Deb

Post by Deb »

VeloReality Video wrote:...on the bright side check out the new map for multiplayer! https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 7530_o.jpg
The new map is fantastic! Terrific feature.

Of course, I have a suggestion. ;)

Would it be possible to allow the map to pop out into a separate window? I bet a lot of people have a setup similar to me, which is, I extend the Windows desktop onto an HD TV as a secondary monitor and play the video there. If the map could pop out, I could have the video playing on the TV and view the map on the laptop screen at the same time. Then I could see my position and any other riders not only on the video profile display but also on the map view. I think that would be very cool.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Deb wrote:
VeloReality Video wrote:...Of course, I have a suggestion. ;)
Boy did I have any doubts ;) On a serious note at some point we will bring map display to your riding state but we can not do is with this particular live screen in the manner you said because of some underlying tech reasons.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
brightey

Post by brightey »

Well, after a few days of messing about with my new Tacx Genius Smart I now have everything working spot on with VR software and various devices.
I've noticed a few people riding around online but not had chance to join as I'd only been using the demo vide until everything worked as it should.
Applause to the VR team fo great software.

On to the point. I'm UK GMT and usually onine most night around 6pm.
If anyone else is around then I'll keep an eye out, or vice versa. You can find me Sir Loins, long story but long standing online name :roll:

Happy pedalling
KeveB

Post by KeveB »

Hi Everybody. I'm new to VeloReality and hope to be set up for my first ride in the next few days - really looking forward to using this software after all the good reviews. I'm in the UK also so maybe we can get some rides together Brightey (I can ride most weekday nights). I've also registered my wife although she says she's not interested in riding with others but I think she might enjoy it if she gives it a go. My wife's nickname is Lady Liv.
HHRoadtrip

Post by HHRoadtrip »

Welcome KeveB- you may want to start a new topic- Brightey's note was one year ago. Good luck getting the excellent VR software going. Hope to see you out there.