Generic ANT+ signal drops

piotrekk8

Re: Generic ANT+ signal drops

Post by piotrekk8 »

Hi,

I have changed my speed/cadence sensor for a new GSC-10 and everything seems to be working fine. Just rode 45min uphill and the signal didn't drop a single time. So, I guess with the B'TWIN speed/cadence sensor is something wrong.

Problem solved. Thanks for your support. It helped a lot!
Bradox78

Post by Bradox78 »

admin wrote:4) Try to avoid ANT+ SUUNTO MOVESTICK MINI. It does not have good radio and leads to frequent intermittent transmission loss. We have contacted couple of other software vendors and they confirmed the same.
I previously used a Suunto Movestick Mini with a long USB cable to place it closer to my sensors. Even so, I experienced once in a while, as described, random intermittent transmission loss. A very capricious and annoying device !!

Two weeks ago, I replaced it with a Tacx USB T2028 ANT+ Antenna. It works flawlessly until now.
Lynx VR Trainer v1 - PowerTap G3 Alloy Rear Wheel - Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor and heart rate monitor - Dynastream ANTUSB-m stick - Asus Vivo PC X (Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GeForce GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 64 bits).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bradox78 wrote:
admin wrote:4) Try to avoid ANT+ SUUNTO MOVESTICK MINI. It does not have good radio and leads to frequent intermittent transmission loss. We have contacted couple of other software vendors and they confirmed the same.
I previously used a Suunto Movestick Mini with a long USB cable to place it closer to my sensors. Even so, I experienced once in a while, as described, random intermittent transmission loss. A very capricious and annoying device !!

Two weeks ago, I replaced it with a Tacx USB T2028 ANT+ Antenna. It works flawlessly until now.
Thanks again for sharing info. I personally run generic ANT USB-m stick which I bought from Digikey - http://www.digikey.com/product-search/e ... endor=1094. Works like a charm
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Bradox78

Post by Bradox78 »

Bradox78 wrote:I previously used a Suunto Movestick Mini with a long USB cable to place it closer to my sensors. Even so, I experienced once in a while, as described, random intermittent transmission loss. A very capricious and annoying device !!

Update :

Few weeks after having started to use the Tacx USB T2028 ANT+ Antenna, I experienced again random intermittent transmission losses. Less often than with the Suunto Movestick Mini but enough to disturb me.

I replaced it with the ANTUSB-m stick from Digikey connected to a 2 meters long USB shielded active extension cable. Since then (5 months) : zero problem ;)
Lynx VR Trainer v1 - PowerTap G3 Alloy Rear Wheel - Garmin GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor and heart rate monitor - Dynastream ANTUSB-m stick - Asus Vivo PC X (Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GeForce GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 64 bits).
jaysa

Post by jaysa »

The Digikey can take a while to deliver to the UK. While waiting, I found that the Bkool ANT USB key is the same thing. It has the same Digikey writing on it and is indistinguishable from the Digikey. So, if you are in the UK and can't wait, you can get it locally.

A shielded 2m USB cable made a difference too in my case - my cooling fan was causing breaks in transmission otherwise.