I rode single ride and I got more then one TCX file

admin
Site Admin

I rode single ride and I got more then one TCX file

Post by admin »

These are the rules on how the rides are split into multiple TCX files.

First some definitions.

1) In VRide software the single item you can ride is called well RIDE ;) .
2) Ride is a collection of arbitrary segments of videos stitched together by software.
3) Some rides are created by default and correspond to a single videos.
4) Some rides are created by default and marked as Grand Tours. They consists of few videos
stitched together where the end of one video and the beginning of the next are coincident so
that the whole thing can be ridden as it was a single seamless video.
5) Users can also create their own rides.

When you rode the ride it will be automatically exported into one or more TCX files as per following rules:

1) If you rode past the end of the ride and it rolled over the ride will be split as many times as the roll over count.
2) Some rides such as The Paterberg Loop are exempt from rule (1) as they're actual loops where beginning and the end of the video are geographically the same. So those will not be split.
3) When the ride spans multiple videos it will be split (one TCX per video)
4) Grand Tours are exempt from rule 3.
5) If you stopped in the middle of the ride and the pause lasted more the 30 minutes ride will be split at this point.
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Dabber

Re: I rode single ride and I got more then one TCX file

Post by Dabber »

I'm new to VeloReality and haven't yet got my hands on a smart trainer (Christmas present) so have only played with the Paterberg so far.

However, if I rode across several videos resulting in multiple tcx files is there a tool that I could use what would stitch them together. A bit like the FIT File Tools will do with .fit files?
Sorry if this is a dumb question as I haven't really been able to use VeloReality properly yet.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Asking google results in this among the other:
http://www.tcxconverter.com/TCX_Convert ... r_ENG.html

You can do more searching and testing yourself
VeloReality Forum Administrator
Dabber

Post by Dabber »

Thanks for that. I'm looking forward to using VeloReality properly. My initial impressions are very good.