Video Licensing and multiple accounts

admin
Site Admin

Video Licensing and multiple accounts

Post by admin »

1) Videos are licensed and the license is tied to a hard drive serial number. You are allowed 2 registrations (the second one meant mostly for backup purposes) as any hard drive will eventually fail.

2) People happen to change computers/hard drives multiple times and as the result some of them exceed that limit. In this case contact Veloreality by email and we can reset your registration counters

3)Software/videos can be used by few people on the same computer (not at the same time though). In order to have that go to our web store and create few accounts (one per user). Then go to Settings/Login and enter credentials for whatever account you want to be using at the moment. Since the software is portable it can be more convenient to copy executable into few different folders corresponding to separate accounts and register/launch it from there. That will save you from typing login credentials every time you want to login under different account
VeloReality Forum Administrator
djk

Re: Video Licensing and multiple accounts

Post by djk »

I have two trainers and frequently invite friends to ride the second trainer. Can I simply download one copy of the videos I want to use, but buy a second license? This would save downloading a huge file multiple times. I'm happy to pay for two licenses, but would like to copy the downloaded videos to a second computer. Obviously I need two computers...one for each trainer.

In general...what's the easiest way to setup two trainers for friends to ride together...that's the basic question?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

djk wrote:...Can I simply download one copy of the videos I want to use, but buy a second license?...
Yes you can and should. Once you got the file you can copy it anywhere. It must be licensed from inside the software before you ride. I would not however recommend buying the same video twice as due to technical limitation at the moment purchasing same video from the same account will be just merged and will not increase your registration count limit. You will have to contact us for that as it already explained above.
djk

Post by djk »

I created a second account "my username_guest_account". this will go on a second computer so that friends can ride the second trainer/computer but we can ride together. I assume I need to license the second copy since a different user is riding this copy of the video... yes? how would I license that second copy?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

djk wrote:I created a second account "my username_guest_account". this will go on a second computer so that friends can ride the second trainer/computer but we can ride together. I assume I need to license the second copy since a different user is riding this copy of the video... yes? how would I license that second copy?
Same way. Click "get license" and enter you credentials (the one you used to buy video, not newly created account). That is it. If however you already registered this video more then once it will fail with "registration limit" message. In this case contact us by email so wa can reset registration counters. Alternatively you can just buy video using new account and register it.