Live/Auto opponents and their representation

admin
Site Admin

Live/Auto opponents and their representation

Post by admin »

each time you ride you may see some opponents. There are two kinds of them: live opponents and opponents based on your previous performances.

Live opponents are represented as following:

a) Triangle or square above or beneath the profile with the TEAL color or purple square. If the opponent is going faster then the the triangle is facing right, if slower then the triangle is facing left and if speed is the same then the square is shown. If the square is purple the opponent is standing still.

b) if the opponent is ahead of you and is closer then 100 meters then it also represented as a big flat circle painted over the road with the vertical pole and opponents nickname on top.

Opponents based on your previous are represented as following:

1) Under each profile there are number of horizontal colored bars. Let's call them segments. Each segment represents
a stretch of the road over which your your performance is recorded.
2) The colors of segment usually means following:

a) Orange - custom made segment representing hill/climb
b) Burgundy - 10km
c) Yellow - 10 miler (16km)
d) Green - 25 miler (40km)
e) Blue - length of the video / or custome segment
f) Grey - Filler segment from the end of the last one to the end of the video.

2) Recording is performed automatically and up to 5 of your last performances are kept.
3) Each time you ride over the segment all of your previously recorded performances are played back as opponents.
4) The color of the opponent is the same as that of the corresponding segment. The shape is either a square or triangle. If it is the square you are going the same speed. If triangle faces right the opponent is going faster. If triangle faces left then the opponent is going slower.

b) if the opponent is ahead of you and is closer then 100 meters then it also represented as a big flat circle painted over the road.

Below is an example screen showing one real opponent going slower then yourself and 3 of your older performances over some segments all going faster then yourself

VeloReality Forum Administrator
paulg

Re: Live/Auto opponents and their representation

Post by paulg »

How do I purge my old scores. So I am not always being beaten from my younger me ?!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live/Auto opponents and their representation

Post by admin »

paulg wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:27 am How do I purge my old scores. So I am not always being beaten from my younger me ?!
https://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic ... tegy#p1757

When you ride your performance against each segment will be recorded. The software keeps up to 5 performances per user per segment. When the new performance is being submitted and there are already 5 performances available one performance must be purged. If the new performance is better than the slowest one it will be inserted into appropriate slot and the slowest performance will be purged. If however new performance is slower than any other in the bucket then what will be purged depends on the value of “Segment performance strategy” setting. If it is set to “Purge best” then the fastest performance is purged. If it is set to “Purge worst” then the slowest performance is purged. If you select a ride where there are some performances already available you would be able to race against it
VeloReality Forum Administrator