1 TB Hard Drive

rkoch615

1 TB Hard Drive

Post by rkoch615 »

I'm considering buying the Hard Drive with the 80 Videos. Two Questions:
1. I notice in the picture of the hard drive that it is USB 2.0. I just purchased a 2 TB Hard Drive that is 3.0 USB. Is there any lose of quality with the play back on the 2.0 as compared to the 3.0? Does your hard drive come in 3.0?
2. I have already purchased some of the videos that are on the Hard Drive. Is there any way to have other videos put on the Hard Drive in their place?
VeloReality Video

Re: 1 TB Hard Drive

Post by VeloReality Video »

rkoch615 wrote:I'm considering buying the Hard Drive with the 80 Videos. Two Questions:
1. I notice in the picture of the hard drive that it is USB 2.0. I just purchased a 2 TB Hard Drive that is 3.0 USB. Is there any lose of quality with the play back on the 2.0 as compared to the 3.0? Does your hard drive come in 3.0?
2. I have already purchased some of the videos that are on the Hard Drive. Is there any way to have other videos put on the Hard Drive in their place?
For question 1 USB 2 external hard drive have a read speed of about 30-40MB/sec & the video bitrate is less then 1MB/sec so you would need to go 30x faster then we filmed the ride before you will see a skip or any performance issues. With USB 3 the read speed of the external hard drive is actually still the same for most drives, but this has not stopped the company's that sell the drives using the potential extra speed as a marketing tool! Im fairly sure though that the pic is just a pic mined from the internet & you could possibly have USB 3, but if it was a USB2 it would have zero effect in vride...the idea is the rides stay on the hard drive with the software & nothing is installed onto any PC..you can then plug this drive into any laptop or PC & never need to worry about licences or your data files.
bauer

Post by bauer »

Good observation, the image is indeed dated, and will be replaced. Product description is now updated to say USB3. Yes, playback would be same/similar, but time to burn USB2 would be a good bit longer.
We add all our videos to the drive, there were 80 until recently, so the price is for 80. There are now almost 90, and the drive is nearly full. With a few more videos, we will make the jump up to 2TB.
You can pick the 80 you prefer. Thanks.
rkoch615

Post by rkoch615 »

Outstanding! Thanks.
rkoch615

Post by rkoch615 »

I guess that begs one more question. How soon do you see the 2 TB HD coming? Would it be worth it to wait for it to come out to have all the videos?
bauer

Post by bauer »

Now is the best time to get it, price is for 80, there's a few extra on it, nearer to 90.
When we move up to 2TB, the price of the empty drive doubles and the video count hits 100, there's a bump for that.
The collection itself keeps growing, year over year, so basically you can't really ever have them all :)
VeloReality Video

Post by VeloReality Video »

bauer wrote: The collection itself keeps growing, year over year, so basically you can't really ever have them all :)
Add this that it will take you some months to ride 80 different rides, which is probably about 3-4000km.. ;)
rkoch615

Post by rkoch615 »

OK Thanks. 8-) :D
rkoch615

Post by rkoch615 »

Just curious. Bauer wouldn't be Steve Bauer that used to ride for the Seven-Eleven Team. If so, I was a big fan.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nope
VeloReality Forum Administrator