Recognises Ant+ stick but not the devices

BankFodder

Recognises Ant+ stick but not the devices

Post by BankFodder »

Any ideas about this?

VR recognises the ant+ stick but not the devices. It did once - right at the beginning for about 2 minutes. Since then, nothing.
I like what I see so far but I'm sure that it doesn't have to be this difficult.

I cross check my ant+ transmissions at the same time on an Edge 1000 and also on a mobile phone and there is no problem.

Garmin ant agent is disabled

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Recognises Ant+ stick but not the devices

Post by admin »

1) What particular devices do you have

2) Try to do complete recycling: Unplug ANT+ stick while software is running, plug it back, on ANT+ settings click buttons "Clear" then "Learn" (at this point make sure that your sensors are active) and then "Save" if any devices are found. Without save it will not work.

3) If this does not work contact me for life support as outlined in following topic http://veloreality.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=47 and I'll try to sort it out
VeloReality Forum Administrator
BankFodder

Post by BankFodder »

Thanks for this.
I think that I have just managed to sort it out.

I was using the Ant+ stick in a port at the front of the PC. This may be part of a hub.
Anyway, I plugged it directly into a port at the back of the PC - directly into a motherboard port and it is working.

However, on my laptop, it works when the stick is plugged into a hub - so go figure!

Thanks for the response though.
BankFodder

Post by BankFodder »

Looks like I spoke too soon.

It has stopped working again. However, I can tell you that it isn't your product. It is something to do with my computer because I'm having the same problem with Zwift and Bkool (I'm trying out a few things at the moment).

On my laptop, it all works flawlessly – 100% of the time. On my PC – it is very hit and miss and mostly – Miss.

If you have any ideas then I'd be very pleased to hear them. I was looking forward to getting a trainer and then using something like VeloReality across to larger screens.

This problem with the ant stick is a nuisance – but I expect that there is a solution somewhere.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You might try following. Go to ANT+ web site and find and download their windows drivers. Try installing those. Also you might want to delete device from device manager first.
BankFodder

Post by BankFodder »

Thanks.
I checked the driver and it wasn't the latest.
I upgraded the driver from http://dynastream.com/developer/antusb2-stick and it made no difference.

However, I noticed on the same page - Antware ll - http://dynastream.com/assets/Product_Re ... _4.100.zip
For better or worse I downloaded it and had a tinker. Frankly I'm not sure what I did but I clicked and pressed everything - but in particular, I clicked "release" - in the sort of vague notion that maybe the computer wasn't relinquishing the driver to the VR software.

Anyway, I don't know if that was what what did it - but it now works again - although not the HR. Only the power.
On my laptop it all works correctly.

This is all way above my head - but maybe you will have an idea as to what is the solution which I have stumbled upon.
Last edited by BankFodder on Sat May 02, 2015 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
BankFodder

Post by BankFodder »

I should also say that Zwift and Bkool - which had the same problem are now connecting with power - but they are also connecting with HR although VR is not.
Robski

Post by Robski »

Hi, I've got a Tacx Bushido (ANT+ but not smart) it works well with TTS4 via my Garmin ANT+ dongle however, VR cannot see it although it does pick up my HR monitor. Is there something I am doing wrong/can you help?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Robski wrote:Hi, I've got a Tacx Bushido (ANT+ but not smart) it works well with TTS4 via my Garmin ANT+ dongle however, VR cannot see it although it does pick up my HR monitor. Is there something I am doing wrong/can you help?
Older "non smart" Bushido uses ANT based proprietary protocol from Tacx. That protocol is not compatible with the standard and universal ANT+ FE-C protocol which is used by new "smart" trainers. So unfortunately our software can not control non-smart trainers.